Yamaha What is the best EXAUHST SYSTEM OUT THERE

TURBO

I Fly Rhino's For a Living - UTVUnderground Approv
Jan 16, 2009
Solvang CA...30MIN FROM PISMO
if you run the foam replacement filter yes no lid but also cut some of the box off
all engines are the same SUCK- BANG-BLOW..so you can do every thing and if it cant suck every thing you have done sucks..lol
I have to clarify this the more air the motor gets with fuel the bigger the bang.the bigger the bang the more exhaust you have to get rid of so if you install a woods exhaust and run stock air system you will accomplish nothing but a different sound maybe 1 or 2 hp not nothing like installing a AFE or K&N with the exhaust

Reactions: 1 person

FernandezRacing

Off Road Swap Meet - UTVUnderground Approved Spons
Jan 15, 2009
Great info

Thanks guys,great info if anybody has any other comments please do.So should i just get a stock exhaust in this case and weld a metal mounting bracket? Major air loss right now, but still seems to run fine, just very loud,maybe loss of power runs about 46 on county line rd????

powerplay

Big Chuckles Up In This Piece! - UTVUnderground Ap
Jan 27, 2009
me
I have 2 bros. duals ..with up graded spring pipes still havn't decided if want the hassle of the noise and looosing of nuts and leaks and stuff .lot to be said about stock.........................LOL!!! stock blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think I shoulod put um on??? whos gotum????

shonuff

"Kiss My Converse" - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
murrieta
if you really want to save money and still gain power this is what i reccomend you do.

install the K&N highflow intake i posted.

grind out the welds in stock header.

remove spark arrestor from stock muffler and install billet tip.

install 170 main jet in stock carb.

you wont believe the power increase you get from this set-up. ive done this exact same set-up for several of my friends now. its fool proof, and will save you a grip of cash.

FernandezRacing

Off Road Swap Meet - UTVUnderground Approved Spons
Jan 15, 2009
FOSHO

Im trying to stay with the my $100.00 foam filter and chrome collar i bought,and want a aftermarket exhaust this should be just fine right???

powerplay

Big Chuckles Up In This Piece! - UTVUnderground Ap
Jan 27, 2009
me
Thats what I did ..I'm very happy with the mods + cdi of coarse ..thats why i'm reluctant to mess with perfection lol...

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Dan, just eat some cash and do what Shonuff is reccomending...I have the tip for you that I got from Karl and now wont need........Shonuff might have a header pipe you can buy, or rusty can grind those welds out for you on your pipe.......just get the K&N, I am going to order one.....

mikef

Big Mike - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Beaumont, Ca. (Inland Empire)
if you really want to save money and still gain power this is what i reccomend you do.

install the K&N highflow intake i posted.

grind out the welds in stock header.

remove spark arrestor from stock muffler and install billet tip.

install 170 main jet in stock carb.

you wont believe the power increase you get from this set-up. ive done this exact same set-up for several of my friends now. its fool proof, and will save you a grip of cash.
Yep... Good Set Up and cheap too.

I am not a fan of aftermarket exhaust. They are loud and dont offer much of a power increase....

The only way that I would do an aftermarket exhaust is if I took my Rhino down to the Pro Shop and let John put a Ron Woods Kit on it along with a Dyno Tune.....

shonuff

Jan 15, 2009
murrieta
Im trying to stay with the my $100.00 foam filter and chrome collar i bought,and want a aftermarket exhaust this should be just fine right???
way back when i first purchased my rhino the first thing i did was install that foam filter with the billet collar,,, i swear i did not notice any difference from stock. none.

1 season later i upraged the intake to the K&N highflow intake,,, ground out the header welds,,, removed spark arrestor,,, and jetted my carb. big difference from stock, you could actually feel more power.

1 season after that i took out my stock modified header/muffler and installed looney tuned duals... didnt notice any difference over the modified header/muffler.

soon after that i upgraded my motor to a 686 with a coulple extras, and i do believe that the duals work better for that motor than the modified stocker would have.

moral of the story,,, if you have a stock motor duals are a waste of $$$. if you decide to do a 686 upgrade you should see a bigger power increase with duals or ron woods set-up.

Kracker

Krack-A-Lackin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Buckeye, AZ
way back when i first purchased my rhino the first thing i did was install that foam filter with the billet collar,,, i swear i did not notice any difference from stock. none.

1 season later i upraged the intake to the K&N highflow intake,,, ground out the header welds,,, removed spark arrestor,,, and jetted my carb. big difference from stock, you could actually feel more power.

1 season after that i took out my stock modified header/muffler and installed looney tuned duals... didnt notice any difference over the modified header/muffler.

soon after that i upgraded my motor to a 686 with a coulple extras, and i do believe that the duals work better for that motor than the modified stocker would have.

moral of the story,,, if you have a stock motor duals are a waste of $$$. if you decide to do a 686 upgrade you should see a bigger power increase with duals or ron woods set-up.

Engine side or slip on side? I need to do this.

Kracker

Krack-A-Lackin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Buckeye, AZ
you will need to rejet,,, dont just run it after you grind out the welds.
I'll be doing everything at the same time.....Is there an inch thick ring of welds in there or what? lol. Karl, I haven't even put that intake on yet. No time in my life. Always going......I wish I could bring my rhino to work...I don't do chit here.

Karl

McKrawlin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Glendale, AZ
I'm open to helping you out dognuts... Get an open Saturday or Sunday and we'll knock it out. I'll give you the 170 jet. Not doing me any good...

shonuff

Jan 15, 2009
murrieta
I'll be doing everything at the same time.....Is there an inch thick ring of welds in there or what? lol. Karl, I haven't even put that intake on yet. No time in my life. Always going......I wish I could bring my rhino to work...I don't do chit here.
more like a quarter inch,,, but thats alot when you consider the complete diameter of each head port.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000