What is the best steering wheel for off-roading in UTV's?

Matt Martelli - CEO

Mad Media
Staff member
Jun 17, 2013
madmedia.com
What is the best steering wheel for off-roading in UTV's?

What do you use and why?

Just got aback from doing a few hundred miles pre-running in Baja with this Grant steering wheel and I loved it!

grant_off-road_steering_wheel_polaris_rzr.jpg

Reactions: JoeyD23

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I'm researching steering wheels right now myself. I like that one quite a bit. But I'm looking for one that is thick with built-in thumb grips that let me put my hands comfortably at nine and three. I'm pretty sure I want suede also, don't like hard plastic where my hands will slide around especially when wearing gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I'm researching steering wheels right now myself. I like that one quite a bit. But I'm looking for one that is thick with built-in thumb grips that let me put my hands comfortably at nine and three. I'm pretty sure I want suede also, don't like hard plastic where my hands will slide around especially when wearing gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This new "Gripper" wheel is bad ass. We put this in our Maverick. The one Mad Media posted about I installed in our Polaris RZR Fox Edition XP1000 and its very nice also.

Reactions: Glamisfan

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
I like the suede ones. Feels like a race car.
I was hoping someone would by now design an F1 type wheel. PTT off the side and a digital cluster set in the center. Now that would be Badd Ass. I spose too spendy to put into production

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
i like the look of the gripper one, looks like it could be perfect for those cold mid-season night rides out at Glamis

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Well A guy can dream Joey ! I read somewhere the wheel in the Ferrari F1 car cost their team 50k to build.

Reactions: JoeyD23

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
This new "Gripper" wheel is bad ass. We put this in our Maverick. The one Mad Media posted about I installed in our Polaris RZR Fox Edition XP1000 and its very nice also.

All right Joey! I looked at every single steering wheel at grants website and cannot find that exact steering wheel. That looks like just what I want! Is this a new one coming out in the future that you got special early access to?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
What steering wheel/adapter combo would you guys recommend for moving the steering wheel a couple inches closer on my XP 1000?
I noticed that the Assault UTV adapter moves the steering wheel closer to you quite a bit. The steering wheel posted in the first image by Mad Media is an offset wheel that also moves it much closer to you.

Reactions: Rynomx785

hoof hearted

Nov 18, 2015
All right Joey! I looked at every single steering wheel at grants website and cannot find that exact steering wheel. That looks like just what I want! Is this a new one coming out in the future that you got special early access to?
I didn't have much luck with Grant's site either, but found them on jegs. Would post the link but I'm too new. There's 3 models, 2 have some contour.
Part #: 470-8510 thru 470-8512

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000