All UTV's what to buy.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
i know this has been asked a hundred times and me a few times, but it is finally time to get a new car and need some help.
so my top three are mav max turbo, xp1k 4, and teryx 4.
all cars would get new cages harnesses, and the teryx would get a long travel kit. will mostly be used in the desert and glamis.
my problem is i havent seen much on the new mav max turbo and need to hear how it handles.
as for the xp4 1k after seeing all the carnage of blown diffs and axles at koh, not sure if it will handle my driving style without alot of suspension upgrades. the teryx i now is reliable but i will just want more power as i have driven a few.
any help would be great.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
i know this has been asked a hundred times and me a few times, but it is finally time to get a new car and need some help.
so my top three are mav max turbo, xp1k 4, and teryx 4.
all cars would get new cages harnesses, and the teryx would get a long travel kit. will mostly be used in the desert and glamis.
my problem is i havent seen much on the new mav max turbo and need to hear how it handles.
as for the xp4 1k after seeing all the carnage of blown diffs and axles at koh, not sure if it will handle my driving style without alot of suspension upgrades. the teryx i now is reliable but i will just want more power as i have driven a few.
any help would be great.
I would say if dunes are 50% of your riding then that would probably rule out the T4. It gets it done, but if your crew is in RZRs or if you really like to get it on then the T4 just doesn't have the juice you will want.

The Maverick Turbo is a beast, I haven't driven mine a ton but it hauls the mail. The suspension is good, but doesn't compare to a RZR in terms of how you sit and how it handles. Of course Can-Am guys will tell you otherwise, I can tell you from a guy who has both that the RZR holds a slight advantage in handling and suspension. With that said, preference is key and I would suggest sitting in both and trying to test both before buying.

If you ride in the hard pack / rocks more than half the time then I would narrow it down between the RZR and T4. The Can-Am isn't the best crawler, the T4 is the best crawler hands down that I have ever wheeled. Smooth and the clutching is awesome. I also like the visibility that the T4 provides. The RZR4 I think is too big for crawling. I don't think axles and diffs are really a problem until you start abusing the machine.

It really comes down to preference.

The RZR is the best sport machine made, its seating, handling and power is the reason its the most popular SXS on the market and outsells everyone else by a landslide.

Can-Am has the most power and best ergonomics, fit and finish. It looks good and can charge up anything you point it at.

T4 has the best clutching and by far the most comfort for 4 full size people. It is versatile and reliable, probably the best made machine of the 3 and the cheapest!

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
Thanks joey. That helps. I like your teryx alot i think thats what keeps it at the top of my list. Also that can am you built is insane.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
I guess what i really need is a rig that will be able to keep pace with my buddy i raced desert bikes with and be able to do 70 to 100 mile rides reliably. Thats the one thing i loved about my old teryx was i could go do a 70mile ride by myself and know i could always make it back to my truck.

nuthead

Nov 28, 2014
Alpine CA
I was in the same boat. I just bought the Teryx4 & have had it out twice. I love it but definately needs long travel kit which I already knew buying it.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Pick up a 750 T4 for cheap and have Benchmark do a Standard Bore Kit. Mine rips now.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
Thats exactly the issue i have. My old rex the engine was all stock other than bolt ons. And never had a issue. But i always wish i had more power when i was in the dunes. Thats why i think im leaning more towards the can am or polaris. Wish kawi would put some more hp in the rex.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000