All UTV's What type of fabrication tools do you have in your shop?

What types of tools do you own?

• Total voters

Jeff Knoll

Carrera Performance
Oct 20, 2010
www.isxsa.com
I was asked a question today I could not answer. What percentage of UTV/SXS owners are building/ fabricating in their home shops. In the rock crawling world most everyone is building or aspires to build their own vehicles. As I make the transition from Ultra4 to SXS's I often get asked questions from companies I have relationships with in that industry who are always looking to invest in a sport that they can market themselves and hope fully earn new customers.

So how many people are Do It yourselfers in this world. Not just bolt on , but have or want to have the tools to build custom creations?

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
We have a hydraulic bender, notchers, shear, brake, mig and tig welders, plasma cutter, lathe and other stuff I probably don't even know about! I love my husband/fabricator! He is really amazing the things he builds with his hands. I am so lucky to have him.

MossMan

Jun 26, 2010
I have some tools but haven't turned them loose on the Ranger yet. After years of working on Jeeps as much as driving them it's been nice to take a production vehicle and just have fun w/o doing anything more than regular maintenance. That will all change with the race builds though.

SGM4Life

Oct 29, 2009
Valencia,Ca
I have alot of tools that I have acquired over the years of fabbing. One of my coolest tools is a cnc plasma table by plasmacam. Its nice to be able to design parts and cut them anytime I want and if the part is not right I can cut another with changes I need. I also really like my Jancy tube sander notcher. It was my second piece of equipment that it so cool and easy to use. I will try and get some pics up of our equipment.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I have a incomplete set of PITTSBURGH tools. I have a flashlight and a 6in1 screw driver. I asked Santa for a Jack Stand this year for Xmas.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I have a mig that I barely know how to use. With that said, I have just about everything else that one could desire for general maintenance and bolt on projects. Misc measurement tools for engine building and so on. I can do just about anything in a shop, save for fabricating. I'll leave that up to the pros for now.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Got a couple large boxes full of hand tools, mig welder (2), tig welder (that I barely got), plasma cutter (barely got it too), tube bender and notcher. All kinds of grinders, drills and sawzalls/jigsaws...
I can weld with arc and mig welders, but still learning the art of tig.

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA
I have a small 120/220 MIG, Torch, Plasma cutter, Tube bender, Hole saw notcher, small metal bandsaw. I just picked up the Plasma, bender, and notcher a few months ago and am learning how to use them.

I still want to learn TIG, get a shear, brake, and bead roller.

Last edited:

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Claw hammer, c-clamp, hack saw, vice and some nails. Its a bitch to do an oil change

poflo

Jan 3, 2011
250 mig,300 water cooled tig,hydraulic press & bender,mill,2 lathes,plasma cutter,band saw,20" pedistal disc sander,porting tools & cutters,car lift,atv-bike lift,many hand tools,scoop shovel,two cases of BS repellent,,pictures of your girlfriends...etc..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Bender, notcher, mig, tig, plasma cutter, portabandsaw, drill press, large bench grinder, plenty of clamps and jack stands, 20 ton press, dimple die set, large media blast cabinet, 80 gallon air compressor, 8' long matco tool box stuffed with mexhanics tools.

Now my two car garage is full of tools, i really want a brake and large bead roller but space is very limited and i have access to them at work.

RubberSideDown

Impatiently waiting...
Nov 9, 2011
Colorado
I have a complete fabrication shop in a single tool!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sheffield-12913-Premium-Hammer-Tool/dp/B000NJUU94/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1321195564&sr=8-4"]Amazon.com: Sheffield 12913 Premium 14-in-1 Hammer Tool: Home Improvement[/ame]

:D

BFH, MiG, Arc, Oxy-Ace Torch, 80-Gallon Compressor & Air Tools, variety of grinders and sanders, Saws-All, jigsaw, chop saw, air cut-off tool, drill press, multi-vise, floor jack, atv lift, jack stands, bead-breaker / tire mounter, manual wheel balancer, test equipment, automotive and standard hand tools.

I'd like to get a TiG, tubing bender and notcher.

Last edited:

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
My fab garage consists of a large hammer and a vise...I'd love to learn more about fab work, then I can buy more tools!

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I have a JD2 bender with 4 dies (one square die)
Plazma Cutter
Miller Mig welder
Drill press
40" sheet metal brake
Flat bar bender
Chop saw
band saw
Old School Torches (Oxy-Acetaline)
many hand tools
1 dimple die
Sheet metal knockouts, various sizes
60 gal Air compressor, with associated Air tools, Die grinder, air wratchets, DA sander, 3/8 air drill, 1/2 impact, 3/4 impact
4" makita grinder cutter sander.
Tire changer (manual)
Floor jacks (4)
jack stands (8)
disk/belt sander

just a couple things I have gathered over the years! lol

If I could afford one more big tool, it would be an Iron Worker

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members