What's a used 2016 1000S worth?

Wildhorse

Oct 26, 2015
It is with heavy heart that I'm trying to help my Mother in Law place a value on my late Father in Laws RZR. I'm not trying to peddle it here but would like pointers on where and how to do so.

As the title implies it is a 2016 1000S and I think it has 1,200 miles on it. He had it out on three trips camping with it, one at Lake Havasu, one in the Black a Rock desert, and one to Moab. I was on the latter with him.

I know it has a roof, light bar, winch, and a nice looking bin in the back for storage. At Moab he bought new seats for it and installed them when we were there 3 weeks ago. The shocks have Racertech springs added, but he wasn't happy with them and has replacements in the box ready to install. He was anal with maintenance and a guy I'd want to buy from if in the market for something he was selling. Example would be that he is the engine builder and crew member for the fastest motorcycle on the planet, literally. His engines aboard a streamliner hold the unlimited speed record at 376 mph. I say that in hopes it might allude to nothing of his was neglected.

So there's my problem in a nutshell. I need to help my Mother in Law sell this and have no idea where, how much, or how. Any help appreciciated.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
MSRP is 18k so knock a little off that as to what you could probably get it at the dealership for now, puts you around 16.5-17K knock another off for it being used an the mileage but add a little back for the extra stuff, puts you around 15.5K, i would think the market would be around 14.5-16.5k. It is always hard to get out of what you have in the accessories, just like any toy.

Sounds like he kept it in very nice shape and bought all the stuff people would be looking to upgraded themselves so that is good. If you can get somebody out to look at it they will probably buy, especially if they have been searching for awhile because there are a lot of beat up ones out there.

I would advertise it on Cragslist and also over at www.rzrforums.net, I know there are also some popular facebook clubs that deal with rzr's but don't have facebook myself so can not give you specifics.

Hope that helps!

Wildhorse

Oct 26, 2015
MSRP is 18k so knock a little off that as to what you could probably get it at the dealership for now, puts you around 16.5-17K knock another off for it being used an the mileage but add a little back for the extra stuff, puts you around 15.5K, i would think the market would be around 14.5-16.5k. It is always hard to get out of what you have in the accessories, just like any toy.

Sounds like he kept it in very nice shape and bought all the stuff people would be looking to upgraded themselves so that is good. If you can get somebody out to look at it they will probably buy, especially if they have been searching for awhile because there are a lot of beat up ones out there.

I would advertise it on Cragslist and also over at www.rzrforums.net, I know there are also some popular facebook clubs that deal with rzr's but don't have facebook myself so can not give you specifics.

Hope that helps!

Thank you. This will help to set an asking price and give a starting point.

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
Check out craigslist to see some comps in your area to get an idea. There's quite a bit of variation depending on where you live.

Enabled Veteran

Dec 29, 2015
Keep in mind that the $18,000 MSRP is for a vehicle with absolutely nothing on it. It sounds like your vehicle has quite a few options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000