What's next?

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
rumor of a teryx T5 was interesting. but the rumors of KTM and suzuki UTV got my attention. a suzuki would be a reworked teryx. and my neighbor worked for suzuki usa in brea for 35 years. he says they dont have the funding for R&D. but a KTM UTV would be sick as hell. :eek:

Gunnslinger

Jan 24, 2014
A KTM would be rad!! Unfortunately I think the euro market (KTM's core market) would find a way to mess things up. The "factory racer" concept would be awesome but I think it's just a pipe dream for most of us.. Obviously Polaris has a huge footprint in the sport of utv'ing but I'd love to see a LEGIT competitor make a legit run at the sport market to compete with Polaris ..

Aside from that there are a couple options on (any) vehicles that I would like to see ... Turbo diesel performance engine with great fuel economy - low/hi shift on the fly - A damn horn button on the steering wheel - built in intercom

SGM4Life

Oct 29, 2009
Valencia,Ca
Would love to see Yamaha come out with something that will just kick all the other manufactures a**! There are the OG utv builders. Come on yamaha.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
They had a shot. They failed IMO with that 3 seat rig they came out with :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROGUE1

Jun 3, 2012
Apple Valley
I think the sleeping giant has yet to be awaken.

With the sales of sport models the last 5 years sky rocketing... Honda, Kawi, and Yamaha are waiting for Polaris to cool down. To think their engineers don't have something comparable or better on the drawing board, ready to go into production, or already built is simply ludicrous. Timing is everything.. as soon as we don't see a new model being released every 5 months... the sleeping giant will awake.

So Whats next? there is no better place and no better time than the UTV market right know, I'm ecstatic as to what might me lurking around the corner...

shifter16

Apr 9, 2012
i would love to c a rock rig with solid axles from any of the factories! or how about a rzr with a solid rear axle like a mini tt. i've always contemplated building something to that effect. i'd also love to c a manufacturer come out with a legit desert race package even as a add on and then run a series with factory support. something like the trophylite series. i think that may get alot more guys out to the race events which could only be good for the industrie and a hell of alot of fun! i heard jagged was doing a package for 10k everything u needed to add to your rzr to be race ready but i guess they quite doing that.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I'm thinking Joey knows something since he started this thread. My guess is a new bad a** Viking 710!

98GP

Apr 25, 2012
I would like to see a manufacture build something road worthy. Think of what an offspring of a RZR 1000 and smart car or mini cooper or beetle would look like. I think it would be very cool to have something to commute to work everyday and play on the weekends without killing the fuel budget. How fun would it be to jump in your UTV, back it out of your garage, and drive to work with your tie flappin in the wind while sippin on your DunkinDonuts coffee...And then runnin down the local trail on the way home? THAT would be the next BIG thing!

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013
So Joey what clues can you give us. Yamaha released the Viking in February last year I believe could it be another yamaha :)

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
If they could just fix the problems on the sport models out right now that would be good enough. Lol wheels falling off, drive shafts vibrating out of the car, broken belts, burnt up clutches, transmission bearing failures and the list goes on. I don't think there is a sport sxs out that isn't defective in one way or another. There leaving it up to the aftermarket to fix there problems. If yamaha came out with something good I would sell my xp4 and give it a try for sure.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
If they could just fix the problems on the sport models out right now that would be good enough. Lol wheels falling off, drive shafts vibrating out of the car, broken belts, burnt up clutches, transmission bearing failures and the list goes on. I don't think there is a sport sxs out that isn't defective in one way or another. There leaving it up to the aftermarket to fix there problems. If yamaha came out with something good I would sell my xp4 and give it a try for sure.

If the OEMs fix one problem, people will find another thing to complain about. I think everyone forgets when the rhino 1st came out it had some issues and the Teyrx also had issues. No brand is impervious to issues as long as we all drive them like they are trophy trucks!

If Yamaha or Kawi came out with a sport SXS tomorrow within a week of people taking possession they would still complain about something being wrong.

I think Yamaha will release a sport SXS this year. But it is going to be a rebadged Wildcat with a yamaha motor.

crazywatson

Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
If the OEMs fix one problem, people will find another thing to complain about. I think everyone forgets when the rhino 1st came out it had some issues and the Teyrx also had issues. No brand is impervious to issues as long as we all drive them like they are trophy trucks!

If Yamaha or Kawi came out with a sport SXS tomorrow within a week of people taking possession they would still complain about something being wrong.

I think Yamaha will release a sport SXS this year. But it is going to be a rebadged Wildcat with a yamaha motor.
I'll take it! Lol i hear ya I know people drive them hard. But it's the stuff that are factory problems I'm talking about like the helix on the 4k1 and charging customers to fix the belt breaking. Stuff like that. Does yamaha do stuff like that? The only Yamaha ' s I ever owned where motorcycles and they ran great.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I'll take it! Lol i hear ya I know people drive them hard. But it's the stuff that are factory problems I'm talking about like the helix on the 4k1 and charging customers to fix the belt breaking. Stuff like that. Does yamaha do stuff like that? The only Yamaha ' s I ever owned where motorcycles and they ran great.

The helix is kind of a Team Industries issue as well. I would assume Polaris relied on Team to set up the clutch correctly for the XP. The helix is being fixed by Polaris from I have read. The issue is some dealers are doing if for free and other dealers seem to want to stick it to their customers. Of course there are conflicting stories on when Polaris is covering the issue. It seems the belt has to break first, which is nuts. It is really to hard to determine what is going on with the fix with the different stories.

We will find out what Yamaha does once they release one.

crazywatson

Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
All I hear about from what's left of these rhino guys is how good the quality is. Lol

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013
Rhino's are solid machines but they did have there problems my cousin had an 07 and the front diff blew up they ended updating it the next year. All oem's have there problem, but I also agree that if I pay 20k for xp1k my drive shaft better not vibrate. Or my belt better not blow up before they fix the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000