Which GPS?

Shane Redline

Apr 3, 2017
Buying a GPS, was looking at the Lowrance HD7SPCI or LeadNav on the IPad. Any suggestions, if not those what is the choice?

Thank you.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Concensus is that the Lead Nav is awesome but the Ipad can overheat and shut down. If racing Lowrance is still the way to go.

ssb4

Feb 13, 2015
Both ... if racing you want to have both systems. Leadnav is awesome since you can cache satellite imagery that can help you look for alternative routes in case of a bottle neck. But since it can over heat, a Lowrance is definitely a must.

The new upcoming off the grid tracking Leadnav is coming out with is insane too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com
Both in my opinion. The lowrance is a work horse, but limited features. LeadNav is slick, but still has issues. It delays sometimes and can overheats. With both you are rocking....

kmb760

Mar 28, 2013
Both in my opinion. The lowrance is a work horse, but limited features. LeadNav is slick, but still has issues. It delays sometimes and can overheats. With both you are rocking....

If you ran the iPad where the Lowrance is in that enclose could you just run a Parker pumper or bilge fan house to behind it to keep it from overheating. I've seen some where that someone made a swamp cooler to keep the pumper air going to the helmets nice and cool.

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com
If you ran the iPad where the Lowrance is in that enclose could you just run a Parker pumper or bilge fan house to behind it to keep it from overheating. I've seen some where that someone made a swamp cooler to keep the pumper air going to the helmets nice and cool.
That is a good idea. It was 117 degrees so don't know if anything would have helped. There is a race cooling system called arctic air. Would be perfect...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000