Whiplash @ Prescott Valley

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
After the beating the street bike motored cars put on me yesterday, I will not be running the series unless they put me back in Pro-Mod. Bottom line is my car is no different than a built RZR or Teryx. I cannot compete against R1 cars. That was apparent yesterday! R1's should be in a class of their own, but until theres a solid class, they'll have to run in unlimited. (Which sucks for the regular unlimited guys)

I did have a great time running that track though. The track and the venue were very cool. Literally.

I was holding onto third and getting faster and faster every lap when my wheel studs on a rear wheel sheared off. Oh well. Had fun doing it! :)

Great racing guys! Brandon looks very fast considering he's only had one day of seat time in the R1. YourSmileDoc also hauls ass in his Trophy-Kart-UTV-Streetbike-thing! Hans was showing people how it's done in his Rhino!

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
Actually, now there is the ASCC Series for local racing....very well run and a good time for everyone! I am spending my time there and at LOORS this season. The only Whiplash race I will probably do this year is Snowflake.
What are the UTV class layouts Corry?

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Brian you should be allowed to run pro mod if pilots can.Its not like you have a giant hp advantage like the R1 cars,plus thet already let you start the seies in that class.

OLET

Grabbin' Gears - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 9, 2009
Actually, now there is the ASCC Series for local racing....very well run and a good time for everyone! I am spending my time there and at LOORS this season. The only Whiplash race I will probably do this year is Snowflake.
Ya i know gonna run it next weekend

OLET

Nov 9, 2009
What class you runnin Todd ?
From the way the rules sound i have to run unlimited?? I have a new benchmark 686 im gonna try out. The classes dont seem to be to organized i will have to race anything up to 1000cc's. but the limited rules you cannot have long travel. If it was a desert course it would be a lot more fair but oh well! Im gonna give it a try! You gonna come out ?

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I have the same issue with no class for me so I wasnt planning on racing any of this series but if you are going out maybe I will.The track is fun I just dont want to run the same track every race.

OLET

Nov 9, 2009
I hear ya! Ill try anything once, its more like a drag race out there but it is fun! Hope you come out.

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
I have no interest in racing against SR1's. It will be a waste of time and money. If they will make a 1000cc and under class for CVT tranny'd UTV's I will come run!

Corry, do you have any influence here?

OLET

Nov 9, 2009
I have no interest in racing against SR1's. It will be a waste of time and money. If they will make a 1000cc and under class for CVT tranny'd UTV's I will come run!

Corry, do you have any influence here?
How much hp do you put out brian? Whats your top speed?

OLET

Nov 9, 2009
I wouldnt mind racing you in the desert , but out at speedworld that might not be to fair? Your sorta stuck in the middle!

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
I wouldnt mind racing you in the desert , but out at speedworld that might not be to fair? Your sorta stuck in the middle!
I guess. But for them to make a class that caters to Rhino's aint gonna happen. Considering most are doing engine swaps, and there arent a lot of 660 based race cars left. You should get out of that engine while it's worth something and consider a Brute Force, SR1, or Rotax swap! It's the future!

Dont you have an SR1 Todd?

OLET

Nov 9, 2009
I had a gsxr 1000 , raced it a few times and it sorta took the fun out of racing. And there are to mant strict rules on the sr1's. Ill hang back and wait to see what happens with all these builds that people are doing. Yamaha will come out with a killer motor here soon to run with the teryx. I have a teryx frame down at induced and chris with benchmark offered me a hell of a deal , i just dont know which way to go yet??????:confused:

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I think there are still alot of race rhinos out there just not a lot of people racing them.Its to bad because they can still be competetive on tracks that are more technical such as the grindingstone series and certain whiplash races.There were a couple of kawis at prescott that I handled pretty easily even on a fast track.I was no match for SR1 though I think I could beat them on tracks like the one at canyon raceway.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Brian, you can run in the Unlimited class....they allow swaps up to 1000cc's....the SR1 class has it's own field in this series....the production and unlimited classes will race together, but be scored seperately. U should come race next weekend!! Todd, glad to hear are coming out, too!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
any stock based 660/700 Rhino could come to Pala and still compete. Pala is going to be another series that you guys should look at. It will be a great reason to come to So Cal in the late spring and summer to beat the heat and race on an awesome GP course. Your Rotax is welcome to Race in the unlimited class Brian and it looks like the Magnum Orange Crush will be back in action at the next round so you will have another Rotax to battle with!!!

Word is Pala may be the TBD site for LOORRS later this year!!!! Thats hear say at this point but it has been said by more than a few.........just sayin

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Hey Joey,were is pala located in sc.I know lake elsinore is hotter then h... in the summer.I like the turn out you guys are getting.What is the course like,loors or tru gp style with desert also?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Pala is located in North County San Diego. It is about 30min +/- south of Elsinore. Although it will get warm it will be no where as hot as Elsinore is and there is mountains to shade the course in the evenings. The Pala races we have been having are a true GP styled course. Although I wouldnt call it desert I would say it is a combination of natural mountain like desert terrain and then more of a true MX styled track vs. a LOORRS big wide open track. Pala is a sweet combination of natural terrain and MX track riding. You have to come check it out for yourself. Watch the video in the Pala GP thread (not the one on the homepage) and you can get a good taste of the track.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Thanks I will check it when I get home.Cant look at the pics or videos at work.Damn IT dept.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000