Who has the right helmet suggestion for this new crazy law???

emgee00

Jun 7, 2012
I guess I will need to be purchasing 4 new helmets for my UTV. Does anyone know of any reasonable priced ones that will allow me to still listen to the stereo I just recently installed? Any help will be appreciated.

emgee00

Jun 7, 2012
Thanks for the input but I was looking for solutions to purchase reasonably priced helmets verse not riding where I live.....

tkrhino

Apr 23, 2012
Want something cheap, dot stickered and listen to the tunes check out skid lid helmets. They are the beanie Harley style helmets. Found them for 27.99 a helmet online at www.jafrum.com for the gloss black. Plus spend $100 and free shipping. They make them with designs on them for around $50. Helmets are light at about a pound, pound and a half. This would be my suggestion.

emgee00

Jun 7, 2012
Chrome Dome scooter styles for all family members.
Ah, I love the "Союз Советских Социалистических Республик" helmet. Will this be the new symbol for us if Nov. 6th goes wrong???

On a real note, thanks for the ideas.

emgee00

Jun 7, 2012
Want something cheap, dot stickered and listen to the tunes check out skid lid helmets. They are the beanie Harley style helmets. Found them for 27.99 a helmet online at www.jafrum.com for the gloss black. Plus spend $100 and free shipping. They make them with designs on them for around $50. Helmets are light at about a pound, pound and a half. This would be my suggestion.
Thanks for the link. They have a crazy selection and prices seem very reasonable. Now all I need to do is figure out what I want. I am thinking a carbon fiber helmet or maybe a good light weight downhill mountain bike helmet???

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I was messing around with my dads "old" helmet and it works with my head set and as fare as looks , well were not talking about looks right now . lol

But I do like the simpsons helmet .

emgee00

Jun 7, 2012
I was messing around with my dads "old" helmet and it works with my head set and as fare as looks , well were not talking about looks right now . lol

Don't sell that look short of what it is. That is one sexy looking helmet there! :eek:

Well, ok, at least it gets you out of a ticket!

BlackRhinoSteven

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Feb 27, 2012
So Cal
www.blackrhinoperformance.com
Thanks for the link. They have a crazy selection and prices seem very reasonable. Now all I need to do is figure out what I want. I am thinking a carbon fiber helmet or maybe a good light weight downhill mountain bike helmet???

I am not thinking this helmet will work, From what i have read and heard they are going to pass the the law Jan 1st and will require the sides of the helmet to cover the ears

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I am not thinking this helmet will work, From what i have read and heard they are going to pass the the law Jan 1st and will require the sides of the helmet to cover the ears
Guess Ill have to do some more reading , I was under the impression it needed to be DOT approved and you were good to go . Thanks for the info .

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Guess Ill have to do some more reading , I was under the impression it needed to be DOT approved and you were good to go . Thanks for the info .

According to this:

38601. A person shall not operate, or allow a passenger in, a recreational
off-highway vehicle unless the person and the passenger are wearing safety
helmets meeting the requirements established for motorcycles and motorized
bicycles pursuant to Section 27802.

and this:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27802.htm

The regulations shall include, but are not limited to, the requirements imposed by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 218 (49 C.F.R. Sec. 571.218) and may include compliance with that federal standard by incorporation of its requirements by reference.

and this:

http://www.bikersrights.com/nhtsa/fmvss218.html

That Simpson meets the standard by my analysis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000