Why don't I see more full head restrain seats being used?

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
I'm about to buy seats and I am curious why I don't see more seats with head support being used. I have used a Sparco Circuit in my road race car and really like it. I don't want to but a thousand dollar seat for my UTV and realize that I missed some drawback.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I would but my pumper helmet is a side mount, not a top mount. And a lot of the cages are too low for a top mount pumper. I do plan on getting a HANS device though.

HeadPorter

Mar 15, 2016
Visibility for sure and like mentioned some of the cages are too low in the door opening to get in and out of with the height of a full containment seat. I did a car with Momo Daytona seats and it was a PITA to get in and out of. I would use a standard seat, with the use of a Hans or Necksgen, I don't see much benefit to it.

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
Thanks everyone. I did not think about the pumper as I have never had one but I would like to try one in the future. I can see the egress issues too, I kind of forgot how hard it was to get out of my car. Looking back I had to cheat a little on the emergency exit test for my license and I am only 5'10 178lbs...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000