Will Lucas Oil Change SWAY BAR Rule NOW?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Its been a topic amongst Lucas Oil Regional racers that LOORRS once again announced that NO FRONT SWAY BARS would be allowed. Now that Polaris has introduced a factory machine with front sway bar will Lucas change the rules??

The RZR XP 1000 EPS FOX Edition also is the first RZR XP to feature a front sway bar and also has a redesigned rear sway bar with 25 percent less stiffness. Combined with the FOX Podium Internal Bypass Shocks, the sway bars dramatically decrease body roll and improve vehicle handling and comfort.

Click the image to see / read more!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I dont know LOORS rules, but are the rules based on running a stock production platform?

I would guess the people who supported the Cam Am Turbo in the 1900 class would also support the new Polaris front swaybar as it is a stock production part, that is if the rules are based on running a stock production suspension platform.

Those who were against the Can Am Turbo are more likely going to be the ones who do not support the front swaybar as the rules clearly state no front swaybars.

Now I will say the difference between this and the Can Am controversy is this Polaris Swaybar is on a Special Edition "Fox" model and is not a production part on the production XP1000 platform. The Can Am Turbo is not a limited edition or special production run.

My guess is No, LOORS is not going to change the rules because a Polaris Limited Edition Fox Turbo Silver XP1000 model was released with a front swaybar.

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
Have to agree with Nikal... A lot of privateers support LOORS. Many will probably be still running their 2014's or early 2015's, and have invested in them heavily. Takes everything they have just to keep their ride up and get to the track. It is a special edition so I guess we will see how many show at the track. Probably easier on LOORS to leave the rules alone and tell the few that show at the track to disconnect them during tech. JMO

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Is it better? Going to cost you $600.00 to find out.

Honestly we had a front bar on our WORCS 570 and it didn't go one lap before Cody folded it and broke the links. Never ran it again. In fact half that season we didnt even run a rear bar and there were a couple of races where he actually removed the rear sway bar on the ProLight and raced it to 7th at Glen Helen.

Weight transfer and body roll can be an advantage if you know how to do it.

Also, saying Polaris has a stock front bar so now its legal for Production 1000 then shouldnt the Can Am turbo should be legal too? Its production...

Having said that Im bummed out, if I knew this car was coming we would have waited, one less thing to buy for the desert build.

tyler

Parkse5 - UTVUnderground Approved
May 27, 2009
mission viejo
I'm with Doug on this one. Especially since this new Fox model won't be available to the public until after the season will have started! We start testing next saturday and the first race will be right about when these new models show up at the dealers. My car is a 2015 and is pretty much finished up for testing so I think they should wait until 2016 to change the rule! The pace of the model changes its hard for the rules to keep up.

Perfect Race

Feb 9, 2011
So the drivers in the Production 1000 class voted on front sway bars Saturday morning at the drivers meeting. It was a overwhelming NO. Only a four drivers voted yes. So the rule stands no front sway bars allowed. Of course a few drivers didn't attend the mandatory drivers meeting so they didn't get to vote.

meathooker

Mar 4, 2015
I haven' seen mention of the bypass shocks. It's states no bypass shocks, if that holds true you'll have to replace the stock fox shocks. That seems silly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000