WORCS Round 2 in-car video

Double Lr

Mar 8, 2015
Las Vegas
Watch as I get slayed by the pros.

This was my first race of any kind ever and my goal was to get the F outta the way when I needed to and to not wad the car up. Yeah I rolled the big double like a b!tch but I won't next time I race that track. Props to the guy in the blue and white Yammy, you totally blasted over the big double while I walked it like a little Noob, it was cool seeing what the bottom of your ride looks like.:oops:

I had the most fun ever at this event and met a ton of cool folks.

This course was way rough and rutted, my race was the last of the day, it was nothing like the practice laps the day before! My front GoPro got hammered by mud in turn 4, I put it out of arms reach like a noob, the rearview captured some amazing footage and the engine noise is nice in a set of headphones.

Enjoy the end of my 3rd lap and my complete 4th lap.

Oh and I also learned that there are some very fast drivers in WORCS, one of which is faster than me even while racing in reverse. Well played Mr. Reverse, well played.

Mtrent3450

Feb 17, 2016
My 17 year old son is getting ready to start racing Worcs. He raced the first 2 races of the Quadx series at Glen Helen to get his feet wet at off-road racing. He is going to race in the production 900 class in Worcs. With your experience , would you recommend a newbie jump in to Worcs or should he get more seat time in a smaller series? Worcs seems to be for all levels of racers, we have not been to a race but have seen videos online.

Double Lr

Mar 8, 2015
Las Vegas
Go for it :)

I wish I could make the South Pointe round 3. I wish I could make Havasu and Sand Hollow too. If I had the money and time to prep between each race I would attend every event they put on. Get there early, get a spot and do the practice rounds in the morning and the full course practice too. The WORCS workers and event staff are an awesome group of people, I will be a repeat customer for as long as I can afford to go as often as I can afford to go.

I got hosed by pros but dang was it fun. Realistically, the assets needed to compete with the leaders in WORCS are huge. You can not just be fast. You have to be fast in a fully prepped car with zero weak spots in it. The pace set by the fast guys is nothing short of light speed and the style of driving needed and put on display by the pros is super fun.

Looking back on my one and only race I would do it exactly the same. Dive in and get dirty man. Do not try to hang with the pace set by the leaders, set your own pace stick to it and don't wad the car up, the finish line is worth it even if you cross it DEAD LAST.

The sooner you get your boy out there, the better.

Mtrent3450

Feb 17, 2016
Awesome that is what I was hoping to hear. The car we got, won the Worcs production 900 championship last year so the car is way more capable than my son is. He knows that he will be a back marker, he knows he has to put in the work to run with the big boys. I race Ultra4 and King of the Hammers and he has been part of my pit crew for 3 years, he knows the work it takes to be competitive. We are doing this so we can race as a family and have fun. Sounds like Worcs is going to do that for us. Thanks for responding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000