WORCS setup questions

rally2

Aug 21, 2010
I have some questions on building a RZR XP 1000 for WORCS.

For Desert everyone goes all out including myself it seems when building to race. I have noticed though that the WORCS cars appear to a little less over the top.

I would like to hear the common upgrades everyone does. I plan on all the safety gear already such as cage, seats, belts, full solid or lockable doors, nets and so on.

I would like to know for the production class if most upgrade the arms, ball joints, shocks, relocate radiator, axles, CV's and so on.

I have not been able to find anything except a few of the pro guys builds.

I want to have a competitive car but don't want to overbuild it if I don't need to.

Thanks,

Jeremy

rally2

Aug 21, 2010
I guess that goes without saying. :)

I just wanted to know if I need to spend $10K + on suspension to be competitive or if most are running just revalved shocks with stock arms.

Thanks,

Jeremy

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
You can be competitive with stock replacement arms and revalved shocks. Most top guys are running aftermarket shocks though

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Give Jim a shout at Cognito Motorsports. They sell race cages, replacement arms and sway bars and they can sell you Custom Valved Fox Shocks for your specific car and liking.

Barnum527

May 21, 2014
I just built my xp 1000 and started racing. I have multiple friends that run the worcs series in both the sxs 1000 ( witch I'm running) and also the pro class. On my car i went with Nelson racing products and they built me a bad ass cage with solid doors and safety nets and also a rear mounted radiator. Why you see close to everyone running the rear radiator is because racing worcs they water the tracks very well and most of the time again right before the sxs race. when you are behind someone and they are throwing dirt it will block your radiator and your car will go into limp mode and ur stuck doing about 20 mph. so moving will eliminate that problem. the next big problem on the xp are the rear radius rods and front ball joints. The key to the any race is to finish and you are driving 110 % so you push the cars to the limits. shocks I chose to run fox 2.5 but there are tons of guys that running stock revalved with changed springs rates. But Beau, Rj and Mitch are running WE with the new 2.5 front shocks and different spring rate. Most all the pros are running built motors or at least some power mod the sxs1000 seams like they are running more bolt on mods ( programers, exhaust, filers) weight is a major key were they will eliminate the bed,lights,and dash. These are just somethings iv seen and know from experience that works for me. Hopefully we see you out at the track soon. The more races the better for the industry and show people's true driving talent. Hope this answered some questions.

HOLZ

HOLZ Racing - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 30, 2009
www.holzracingproducts.com
Worcs Round #7 the #58 car driven by Ryan Holz, which was raced in the Production 1000 Class has all of the same upgrades to the chassis, suspension, and axles as Beau Baron. The motor, intake, and exhaust were all completely stock.

rally2

Aug 21, 2010
Thanks everyone for the responses.

That is definitely helpful. The plan is to try and get a small group of us in Colorado to start coming to the races. I'm going to try and get to the last event this year and then all of us would like to be there for the first round next year.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000