WORCS SXS Race Program Improvements EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY **PAYBACK INFO**

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
I heard you had to go back to your pit and change your own flat, is that true?

Im thinking of being a designated hotpit for a few people.

karter44

2013 WORCS 850 CHAMPION
May 9, 2010
i beleive a tracker is needed as well. At Glen Helen, i over heard that someone admittedly cut the course. Apparently pulled off with a problem and then cut course big time when they got back on. This was a top finisher, not cool if its true.

If they are not going to use a tracker, they need more timed check points, more course workers etc.
I had heard the samething and even saw it on a video a guy was showing at the track that night.

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Was a hectic weekend for me. A buddy that was schedule to fly in n ride w me to Glen Helen got his flight cancelled because of snow in Seattle. So I traveled alone. Never had a tire issue. Don't have 5 tires in wheel that match. So I went without help and or a spare :eek:. I actually got so much mud n rocks packed in the wheel that a rock punched through inside of the wheel. I limped around to the timing line to see how much time remained. 22 minutes... I wasn't going to drive on a flat for that long so I drove back to my pit. Got out and took off my gear. My cousin from riverside that was there watching me walked over about 5min later yelling at me for not having a spare, asking if I could "borrow" one from someone.... Well the only person I felt comfortable with doing that was RJ a fellow Holz racer. I went and got a spare from him and my cousin bolted it on while I strapped back in. I went out did another lap and finished 23rd. RJ of course being an awesome sportsman was very cool about the whole deal. I will not go alone again. And will have a prepared pit plan. I had a good run going and nothing to show for it.. Looking forward to getting up front w my Carl's Cycle Holz, Walker Evans XP at Primm!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Well if you need help in the future Ill be providing hotpit for Code & Justin, I got a bitchin set of tools.....;)

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Very cool of u Doug. I may take u up on that in the future. I plan to out fit a little offroad wagon for future events. Need to get a 1/2 drive cordless impact as well......

karter44

2013 WORCS 850 CHAMPION
May 9, 2010
Todd you know all you have to do is let us know you need the help and we will have you covered.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
i didnt even know where pits were at glen helen thank goodness i didnt need it i will make sure i have someone with jack tools ect in pit area at primm

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
i didnt even know where pits were at glen helen thank goodness i didnt need it i will make sure i have someone with jack tools ect in pit area at primm
WE FORSURE GOT TO DO SOMETHING, I will be there friday see you there.

karter44

2013 WORCS 850 CHAMPION
May 9, 2010
Maybe we can get people to put numbers on their spare tire in the pits and if they dont have the help that way people willing to help them can change the tire. The UTV family is a great group and people are always willing to help others out even if they are in the same class. Maybe after the race buy a beer for the guys that changed your tire.

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Thanks Doug n Chris. This is cool. We all put in a lot of time n $ to run. And to have our one race ruined by a flat is heartbreaking. Glad we brought this up. Seems the hot pit will be fully staffed come Primm. Very cool.

On this subject what do u guys do for your jack? I'm having to stack a bunch of blocks on my jack to get my XP off the ground. I want to build one solid block w a handle on it for quick use. What are you using?

lmcarraher

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
Thanks Doug n Chris. This is cool. We all put in a lot of time n $ to run. And to have our one race ruined by a flat is heartbreaking. Glad we brought this up. Seems the hot pit will be fully staffed come Primm. Very cool.

On this subject what do u guys do for your jack? I'm having to stack a bunch of blocks on my jack to get my XP off the ground. I want to build one solid block w a handle on it for quick use. What are you using?
I HAVE TO DO THE SAME AND IT IS A PAIN IN THE A$$ WHEN YOUR IN A HURRY.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
i use this jack from harbor frieght. Its light weight aluminum easy to manuver around. And i didnt pay 200.00 get the super coupons from the magazines and get it for about 150

Attachments

poolguy311

Sep 19, 2011
Landscatter,CA
They didn't do anything they listed. Their podium did not happen. They still have not posted results, there was no fund. I don't know what is going on with WORCS. Disorganized in my opinion.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Not sure if anyone mentioned it but we (VanBeekum) were DQed for remote pitting. We had no idea there was a designated pit at Glen Helen or any worcs race

Also Nolan was also DQed for this I believe...

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
They didn't do anything they listed. Their podium did not happen. They still have not posted results, there was no fund. I don't know what is going on with WORCS. Disorganized in my opinion.

Funds weren't supposed to start until Lake Havasu!

As for results, I am figuring that the fact that the transponders quit has something to do with no results.....trying to find out....

poolguy311

Sep 19, 2011
Landscatter,CA
Joey they didn't work last race either. The transponder said I had 3 laps last race I broke on my 5th lap and the guys that broke down behind me came in a place in front of me. I passed them before they broke and I was behind them the whole race. WORCS wanted 25 dollars more to contest. I

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000