Working on my new/old tow Rig ;-)

ageekwithajeep

UTVUnderground La-Familia
Oct 13, 2010
Spokane Wa
TNT we could go on this all day but I don't want to hijack franks awesome build, someday at the camp fire. Until then let's follow franks awesome build,

Sorry Cisco baby, I love how your doing it old school can't wait to see you pulling your new trailer with it

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
TNT we could go on this all day but I don't want to hijack franks awesome build, someday at the camp fire. Until then let's follow franks awesome build,

Sorry Cisco baby, I love how your doing it old school can't wait to see you pulling your new trailer with it
I got a chance to chat w/Cisco at a repair job we were doing for a member on the last little Rubicon trail ride, it was awesome we both agreed how we all brought our strengths to the repair as a team, and to be honest I am more a paper pusher now, but I rolled up my sleeves and got my hands dirty that day even tho he and others I am sure are much better mechanics. :D

So I like to learn bro, bring what you got to the table on Cali smog we should ALL be concerned about for our kids sake, Cisco don't care he welcomes it. I hope you agree our conversation ends with AHA data, a creditable source.

Besides I'll be too busy slapping my drum & dancing at the camp fires. ;) Thats how I talk! :)

Last edited:

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
I'm sure glad you ate those lead based paint chips Papa....Now that I have my SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) I'll be able to check out this sweet build and not worry about breathing in the smog....Seriously, back to kick A$$ old trucks getting restored....BTW don't stand too close to the camp fire, its a polluting SOB....go green....

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Sunday got to work on the firewall of the Truck ;-)
I used the steel brush then grinder on the big areas and then the blaster on the tight area work good ;-)
The best part the truck has no rust at this area ;-)

Before ;-)
<O:p>

After ;-)

</O:p>

FBT

Cisco 460ford.com is a wealth of information, I have two 460 projects going together.
I understand the purpose of your rig is grunt, a couple things you can do on the cheap would be to go with the ARP rod bolts, the stockers on the majority of these engines are not exactly performance related.
If you have any other cylinder head casting than DOVE-C, and they are actual 460 castings not 429 some minor work cleaning up the bowls and removing the hump the EGR deal makes in the exhaust port will pay dividends, as will port matching the intake manifold ports to the heads. If rally have some $ to spend the Edelbrock or SCJ aluminum heads offer some serious out of the box improvements, and they drop 65 lbs off of the engine.
I think if I were in your shoes I'd do the airbags now while you have so much access to the springs and framerails. Do the whole shebang, the little compressor and separate lines...it makes for a lot less hassle if you are in the sand or soft dirt and just need an inch to get level without unhooking the truck, or need an inch to get under it to hook back up..push button instead of grab shovel, and you can dead-nut the ride height as well.
I love mine.

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Cisco 460ford.com is a wealth of information, I have two 460 projects going together.
I understand the purpose of your rig is grunt, a couple things you can do on the cheap would be to go with the ARP rod bolts, the stockers on the majority of these engines are not exactly performance related.
If you have any other cylinder head casting than DOVE-C, and they are actual 460 castings not 429 some minor work cleaning up the bowls and removing the hump the EGR deal makes in the exhaust port will pay dividends, as will port matching the intake manifold ports to the heads. If rally have some $ to spend the Edelbrock or SCJ aluminum heads offer some serious out of the box improvements, and they drop 65 lbs off of the engine.
I think if I were in your shoes I'd do the airbags now while you have so much access to the springs and framerails. Do the whole shebang, the little compressor and separate lines...it makes for a lot less hassle if you are in the sand or soft dirt and just need an inch to get level without unhooking the truck, or need an inch to get under it to hook back up..push button instead of grab shovel, and you can dead-nut the ride height as well.
I love mine.
Thanks for the info, will look at it and see what we may change, but for now we are going to stay as we have plan it.

No Air bags for now will take a pic of my rear end (the Truck Rear not mine LOL) guys in here take any thing we say and turn it around LOL ;-)

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Thanks for the info, will look at it and see what we may change, but for now we are going to stay as we have plan it.

No Air bags for now will take a pic of my rear end (the Truck Rear not mine LOL) guys in here take any thing we say and turn it around LOL ;-)

Now why would you say that Cisco, you know we're always on the up and up!!! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000