WTF... were they thinking!!!

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon
Sorry, piss poor story that is one sided with no facts? Before I would condemn them I would need more info! They're two sides to every story and I would like to hear theirs! Man is at the top of my Triangle not the bottom and to put dirt above a man, even old dirt, is not right! Some people put earth and animal life at the top of their triangle. I.e, Abort a child = Okay Break an Eagles egg go to jail? Not sure we have our priorities right? I think we have been pushed down a green trail by humanists who equal all other life above us? So before I join the lynch mob I would like to know more! In my mind and constitution we are not guilty beyond (Past) a reasonable doubt! When ever Government and free men clash the man should always win as an individuals freedoms are way more important! As Franklyn said "Better 10 guilty men go free than falsely punish one innocent man"! We have to stop buy the line!
Sorry you missed my message...it's what JoeyD's was trying to get off-roaders to understand in the video thread....it's not whether they were right or wrong, guilty or innocent...
It's the message that gets out to the public..and public perception of off-roaders..gives the greenies/enviromentalist ammunition to close areas...JMO...Barbara

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
We as Off Roaders need to learn from our mistakes and improve our standards to better protect our future. There is a time and place for everything, 70mph on a 35mph highway with no registration, safety equipment, and regard for safety should not be and can not be tolerated. Super Moderator from the land of oz or not.....lol......

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Everyone has made great points here but the fact of the matter is it’s now out there, whether there is a shred of truth to it or not, it still colors the general public’s opinion of we OHV folks and our sport.

Just my $.02

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
The truth matters little, just look at how the left spins everything, what matters is the perception of the "Truth" and how it is spun to the "General" population and the masses! What can be sold to puss their agenda! :eek: We need to tear that page from their book!
Points well made and taken, we will be judged as a group in the Court of Public opinion via reckless left wing news spin, baseless in truth as it may be!

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
We need to catch some of these tree huggers screwing wildlife and post those pictures. Maybe then the public will see them for the perverts they really are!! LOL!!!

I can see it now, but officer I was just getting a little squirrel tail....

Everyone does something somebody else doesn't like.

It's when they misrepresent it that pisses me off.:mad:

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
We need to catch some of these tree huggers screwing wildlife and post those pictures. Maybe then the public will see them for the perverts they really are!! LOL!!!

I can see it now, but officer I was just getting a little squirrel tail....

Everyone does something somebody else doesn't like.

It's when they misrepresent it that pisses me off.:mad:
Humorous but this IS serious $hit! Doing anything to help with the fight? :)

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Yes I do. :rolleyes: I talk to this individual a few times a year when warranted, and have talked to him personally, and on his town hall telecons:

Welcome to the Website of Congressman Jerry Lewis

I support this group Americans For Responsible Recreational Access:

I also just signed up to Blue Ribbon 2 days ago because of this thread.

and send lots of emails to these people and others:

Thank you for supporting us on this issue.
Your message has been sent to the following decision makers:

• Representative Jay Inslee
  • Senator Bill Nelson
  • Senator John Thune
  • Representative Marsha Blackburn
  • Representative Anthony D. Weiner
  • Representative Frank Pallone Jr.
  • Representative G.K. Butterfield Jr.
  • Senator Mike Johanns
  • Representative Bobby L. Rush
  • Representative Edward J. Markey
  • Representative Mike A. Ross
  • Senator Barbara Boxer
  • Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison
  • Representative Phil Gingrey
  • Representative Jerry Lewis
  • Senator Roger F. Wicker
  • Representative Greg Walden
  • Representative Jane Harman
  • Representative Charles 'Charlie' A. Gonzalez
  • Senator Amy Klobuchar
  • Representative Christopher S. Murphy
  • Representative Jim Matheson
  • Senator Tom Udall
  • Representative Peter F. Welch
  • Representative Gene Green
  • Representative Betty Sutton
  • Senator John F. Kerry
  • Senator Frank R. Lautenberg
  • Representative Jerry McNerney
  • Representative Diana DeGette
  • Representative John P. Sarbanes
  • Senator Jim DeMint
  • Representative John M. Shimkus
  • Representative Lee Terry
  • Senator Daniel 'Dan' K. Inouye
  • Senator John Ensign
  • Senator Olympia J. Snowe
  • Representative Stephen Scalise
  • Representative John Barrow
  • Representative Cliff B. Stearns
  • Representative Mary Bono Mack
  • Senator David Vitter
  • Representative Anna G. Eshoo
  • Senator Mark Begich
  • Representative Henry A. Waxman
  • Representative Jan D. Schakowsky
  • Senator Dianne Feinstein
  • Representative Mike J. Rogers
  • Representative Ed Whitfield
And these special elite,one by one, because they defeat the mass mailings from their constituents!!

• Representative Fred Upton - Representative Upton will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Representative Sue Wilkins Myrick - Representative Myrick will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Representative Tammy Baldwin - Representative Baldwin will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Representative Doris O. Matsui - Representative Matsui will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Representative John Sullivan - Representative Sullivan will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Senator Maria Cantwell - Senator Cantwell will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Senator Mark R. Warner - Senator Warner will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Senator Johnny Isakson - Senator Isakson will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Representative Ralph M. Hall - Representative Hall will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Representative Kathy Castor - Representative Castor will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Representative Lois Capps - Representative Capps will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Delegate Donna M. Christensen - Delegate Christensen will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Representative Eliot L. Engel - Representative Engel will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Representative Michael 'Mike' C. Burgess - Representative Burgess will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Representative Joseph R. Pitts - Representative Pitts will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Representative Joe Barton - Representative Barton will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.
  • Representative Bruce L. Braley - Representative Braley will not accept email messages unless they are sent using this web form.

Anything else I should be doing?

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Awesome, looks like you are doing MORE than your fare share! Kudos!!!

Oops . . . and THANK YOU you for joining the BRC!!!

Last edited:

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon
THANK-YOU....DAN......YOU ARE AWESOME...
WISH OTHERS WOULD FOLLOW YOU SUIT.....
AND LIKE BOB SAID...THANKS FOR SUPPORTING BRC...Barbara

matt68

Feb 6, 2011
What alot of the "treehuggers" don't want to admit is that most of the "hiking" trails (here in NY anyway), started out as ATV trails and were "stolen" from the community when hikers started walking them and seen how nice some of them where. Here in NY you pay to register and it's supposed to go to providing riding areas. Instead it goes to a slush fund and spent elsewhere. In a way I can understand "blazing a trail". I may not agree with it or do it myself, but can understand the frustration that may lead to someone doing it.

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
What alot of the "treehuggers" don't want to admit is that most of the "hiking" trails (here in NY anyway), started out as ATV trails and were "stolen" from the community when hikers started walking them and seen how nice some of them where. Here in NY you pay to register and it's supposed to go to providing riding areas. Instead it goes to a slush fund and spent elsewhere. In a way I can understand "blazing a trail". I may not agree with it or do it myself, but can understand the frustration that may lead to someone doing it.
Welcome to “OHV Fund Raiding†and the choice as to whether to further acceptable OHV use or pollute it!!

Go here to spank some greenies: America's Great Outdoors IdeaJam

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
I don't get this site. Just a bunch of nonsensical mumbo jumbo. Looks like a few people throwing darts at each other...:confused:
It's simple, the enviros decided to gather themselves all in one place so OHV users can make them look like fools. ;)

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Oh, not too bright. I'd participate, but I want to argue with a viable foe, not some slanderers...:D

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Oh, not too bright. I'd participate, but I want to argue with a viable foe, not some slanderers...:D
These slanderers are obtaining millions of dollars in grants (our tax dollars) from the NFS via Congress to buy up land and lock us out. It that a viable foe worth fighting?

LBR

LBR
Apr 9, 2009
Oregon
I don't get this site. Just a bunch of nonsensical mumbo jumbo. Looks like a few people throwing darts at each other...:confused:
It'll become very clear when your riding is restricted to private lands only......unfortunately this is a national based grab-n-take by your government, but many issues have been halted by us OHVers coming together and throwing up successful body-blocks........we are currently in-the-fight for our local ODNRA dunes in Oregon at Save The Riders Dunes on FaceBook.....network, network, network until all OHVers "get it".............Lance

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
It'll become very clear when your riding is restricted to private lands only......unfortunately this is a national based grab-n-take by your government, but many issues have been halted by us OHVers coming together and throwing up successful body-blocks........we are currently in-the-fight for our local ODNRA dunes in Oregon at Save The Riders Dunes on FaceBook.....network, network, network until all OHVers "get it".............Lance

I hear you Lance, but unfortunately we don't have as big of a contingent as we need. We also elect these politicians to office, so we need to make sure we get ones in office that hear our message.

The problem we always run into, is the general populace doesn't understand our message; hell, I get confused sometimes. So they can more easily relate to the Sierra Club, than the Offroaders for fair recreation groups.

I try, but I don't well understand the process that allows the G-Men to take something that is already ours? Other than the greased pockets, where's the process? I see these committees and their reports, but how does this REALLY happen?

All I can fathom is that there is LOADS of dollars changing hands somewhere, and I can't compete with that. So my only recourse is to write the people that supposedly ratify this crap and vote conscientiously for people that say they support the cause. The problem is that the money always seems to be a very persuasive thing and there's no guarantee that they keep their campaign promises to us.

At some point it will come to a head just like Egypt, well maybe not quite that scale, and the people will be heard. The thing I have never heard explained is why Off Roaders and hikers can't co-exist? I sometimes have issues co-existing with other offroaders, but just because they aren't acting or doing what I think they should, it's their right as long as they aren't hurting anyone or anything. That's just part of living in this world.

But I guess some folks want it their way or no way. That's the real issue. We have prima donna's that think they should be telling everyone else how they should live and act.

The bottom line is tolerance. If we tolerate them telling us how to live, then we lose. So we need to stay in their face, and by doing so, it's going to get ugly before anything gets better.

Look at abortion, look at religion, look at our politics, this is the world we live in. Nothing is fair, nothing is just, and nothing is logical. All anyone understands these days is violence. You can't talk to someone and make a point because eventually there'll be punches thrown. Watch Youtube, Liveleak or any other video feed. Heck, turn on the local news any given day.

I know you don't care to hear it, but my point was we need to talk to rational people. If you talk to a terrorist, you get terror. So I want to talk to someone who can make a legitimate claim with real statistics that show or defend their position. Unfortunately, all I've heard or seen is hogwash. This is just sensationalism at its best. This is what gets the layman to listen and side with those who want to control us.

To me it's just like the "Global Warming" we have. Really? One of the coldest and snowiest winters on record. Where's the heat? LOL!!! Almost as good as where's the beef...

So unless we can spin a story based on fact, and get it to the general populace, we don't stand an even chance. The tree huggers got bucks, and unless we get some big names like Ted Nugent, Jesse James etc... with their face plastered all over TV telling everyone what's really going on, and that they aren't going to be able to even enjoy their yearly trips to their favorite picnic spot or beach haunt, then we are just floundering in the cesspool of politics without a viable means of flotation.

I won't give up, but it's like a chihuahua nipping at the heels of a Grisly Bear, we got lots of spunk and vigor, but this isn't going to be a David and Goliath story unless we get a bigger dog.:D

Reactions: 1 person

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
I hear you Lance, but unfortunately we don't have as big of a contingent as we need. We also elect these politicians to office, so we need to make sure we get ones in office that hear our message.

The problem we always run into, is the general populace doesn't understand our message; hell, I get confused sometimes. So they can more easily relate to the Sierra Club, than the Offroaders for fair recreation groups.

I try, but I don't well understand the process that allows the G-Men to take something that is already ours? Other than the greased pockets, where's the process? I see these committees and their reports, but how does this REALLY happen?

All I can fathom is that there is LOADS of dollars changing hands somewhere, and I can't compete with that. So my only recourse is to write the people that supposedly ratify this crap and vote conscientiously for people that say they support the cause. The problem is that the money always seems to be a very persuasive thing and there's no guarantee that they keep their campaign promises to us.

At some point it will come to a head just like Egypt, well maybe not quite that scale, and the people will be heard. The thing I have never heard explained is why Off Roaders and hikers can't co-exist? I sometimes have issues co-existing with other offroaders, but just because they aren't acting or doing what I think they should, it's their right as long as they aren't hurting anyone or anything. That's just part of living in this world.

But I guess some folks want it their way or no way. That's the real issue. We have prima donna's that think they should be telling everyone else how they should live and act.

The bottom line is tolerance. If we tolerate them telling us how to live, then we lose. So we need to stay in their face, and by doing so, it's going to get ugly before anything gets better.

Look at abortion, look at religion, look at our politics, this is the world we live in. Nothing is fair, nothing is just, and nothing is logical. All anyone understands these days is violence. You can't talk to someone and make a point because eventually there'll be punches thrown. Watch Youtube, Liveleak or any other video feed. Heck, turn on the local news any given day.

I know you don't care to hear it, but my point was we need to talk to rational people. If you talk to a terrorist, you get terror. So I want to talk to someone who can make a legitimate claim with real statistics that show or defend their position. Unfortunately, all I've heard or seen is hogwash. This is just sensationalism at its best. This is what gets the layman to listen and side with those who want to control us.

To me it's just like the "Global Warming" we have. Really? One of the coldest and snowiest winters on record. Where's the heat? LOL!!! Almost as good as where's the beef...

So unless we can spin a story based on fact, and get it to the general populace, we don't stand an even chance. The tree huggers got bucks, and unless we get some big names like Ted Nugent, Jesse James etc... with their face plastered all over TV telling everyone what's really going on, and that they aren't going to be able to even enjoy their yearly trips to their favorite picnic spot or beach haunt, then we are just floundering in the cesspool of politics without a viable means of flotation.

I won't give up, but it's like a chihuahua nipping at the heels of a Grisly Bear, we got lots of spunk and vigor, but this isn't going to be a David and Goliath story unless we get a bigger dog.:D
GREAT POST!!!!! REP POINTS TO YOU.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000