WTF... were they thinking!!!

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Here's someone who seems to genuinely care...

[FONT=&quot]February 7, 2011[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Dear Mr. Kiewicz Jr,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting me regarding the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA). I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act was introduced in the 110th Congress to establish consumer product safety standards and other safety requirements for children's products and to reauthorize and modernize the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). It was introduced by Representative Bobby L. Rush (IL) on November 1, 2007, passed by the House of Representatives with my support on December 19, 2007, the Senate on March 6, 2008, and signed into law by President George W. Bush on August 14, 2008.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The CPSIA gave the Consumer Product Safety Commission new resources and authority to carry out its duties, required mandatory testing on children's products, implemented more stringent measures to keep lead out of children's toys and required that the public be armed with information more quickly when potential problems emerge. The legislation also banned the sale of children's products containing dangerous phthalate chemicals and increased the penalties for breaking CPSC statutes. Banned children's products include any motorcycle or all-terrain vehicle (ATV) intended primarily for children 12-years-old or younger. The CPSC has interpreted the bill as banning products that do not comply with the act as of February 10, 2009.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As you know, many ATV enthusiasts have concerns regarding the inclusion of ATV's, which contain lead parts, in the ban. To address this issue, my colleague Senator Jon Tester (MT) introduced legislation in the 111th Congress aimed to exclude ATV's from the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act. Specifically, Senator Tester's legislation aimed to exclude vehicles designed or intended primarily for children seven years of age or older. However, this legislation was not brought to a vote prior to the adjournment of the 111th Congress. As you may know, any legislation that was not passed at the adjournment of each Congress, must be reintroduced in the new Congress. At this time, this or similar legislation has not been introduced in the new 112th Congress.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please be assured that I will keep your concerns in mind should this or related legislation come before the full Senate for a vote.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me. Please feel free to contact me with your concerns regarding any federal issue by visiting my website at www.tomudall.senate.gov. For more information, you may also visit my Facebook page at Senator Tom Udall | Facebook and receive up to the minute updates through my Twitter page at Tom Udall (SenatorTomUdall) on Twitter.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Very truly yours,

Tom Udall
United States Senator[/FONT]

LBR

LBR
Apr 9, 2009
Oregon
Dan....I posted this link on Save The Riders Dunes FB earlier also....I feel this is incredibly worthy for you to start a new thread here....triple-dog-dare-ya.....this is a huge announcement, altho we've not had time peruse it yet.....too busy earning the ""MAN's"" payroll taxes today......Lance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000