X-Games Womens Moto-X

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
One of my good friend’s daughters killed it last night winning a gold medal in X-Games Women’s Moto-X!
Vicki Golden made the rest of the girls class look like.....well like girls.

A little about Vicki, we met the Golden’s while practicing at LEMXP when Code was 4y/o, he got into a battle on the peewee track with some girl (Vicki) where she easily kicked his ass….we got to be pretty good friends and teamed up to take the kids (& ourselves) racing.

Pete had visions for Vicki's racing and they rode all the time with Pete’s goal in mind...to be the first father/daughter team to qualify for Loretta Lynn’s. If you have even ridden MX you know just how hard that is on an individual level let alone as parent/child team, very tough doesn’t come close.

They both qualified for Loretta’s in 05, Pete in Vet, Vicki in girls 85, and three weeks before they were to leave Pete was paralyzed while practicing.

Even though Pete was now on the permanent DL he has always supported Vicki and her racing where she went to Loretta’s three more times and came away with the Women’s Class Championship in 2008.

She then turned Pro in 2009 and spends her summer chasing the Lucas Oil Motocross Championship in the women’s class and her winter racing the AMA Arena Cross series where last winter she became the first ever women to qualify for a 250 main event in the men’s class, very tough doesn’t come close.

Tonight at 6:00pm ish she goes out again in the Women’s Enduro Cross on ESPN2. Cheer for here, its been an uphill battle for Vicki here whole career, nice to see its finally paying off.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw2DwKRRhCg]‪X Games 17: Women's Moto X Racing FInal Highlight‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Check her out in the whoops, I taught her that..;)

Last edited:

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
If you sat down to watch X games tonite and made it through the game of S-K-A-T-E :rolleyes: then you saw Enduro Cross and some unbelievable racing.

Update on Vicki, just got off the phone with here dad. He said she went out in practice and decided she just wasnt prepared to take on the Enduro Cross course and if you watched the womens (or mens) class main you'll know what Im talking about. Wise choice IMO.

She said next year she'll bring two bikes (SX & off road) and train for it, fair warning.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
She made a VERY wise decision. Those girls had very little time on that track anyway - and they were all struggling.....except for the chick that won it! She did awesome!! They said she had trained on a trials bike, and it obviously paid off!

Is there a bike size rule, becuase if I was racing that Enduro X event, I'd be on a BW80 so I could put my feet down easier! Most of those girls needed starting blocks to reach the ground on those bikes.....and that looked to be a huge problem.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I watch a bunch of X-games yesterday, the Enduro-cross was tough even for the men. the womens final (all they showed of it) was pretty awesome.

the SK8 was pretty dang boring and could have showed less of it and showed more of that long downhill jump more, we only got to see a couple of them.
the rally cross was pretty cool to watch Imo, Deegan took the win.
Pastrana racing with a temp cast on his leg and duct taped in to the car and was using hand accelerator controls. :eek:

congrats to miss Golden I missed those races.

Rog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000