Polaris XP 1000 Tranny Fluid

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
Just curious what everyone is using? I would like to use something that is readily available as the closest Polaris dealer to me a hour and forty five minutes round trip and I have heard bad things about AGL from a few reputable people. I have heard ATF and gear oil and ton of different opinions in the research that I have done. At this point I am leaning toward Mobil 1 75w-90 gear oil. Thoughts???

HeadPorter

Mar 15, 2016
I was told 75w-140 was thick enough that it would come out of the vent line?

My plan was to use Mobil 1 75w-90.
The transmission vents through a bearing, and the only time it will ever spit some out the vent is if it's over-filled. When you jack the car up and try to put another half a quart in, it will spit out a couple ounces. With the right oil, there's no need to over fill it. I'd upgrade the bearings if it's in the budget. The oil will prolong the Peer bearing life but not save them.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
The transmission vents through a bearing, and the only time it will ever spit some out the vent is if it's over-filled. When you jack the car up and try to put another half a quart in, it will spit out a couple ounces. With the right oil, there's no need to over fill it. I'd upgrade the bearings if it's in the budget. The oil will prolong the Peer bearing life but not save them.
I just sent you a PM on Facebook not realizing it was you! lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000