All UTV's XP 900 2 seat build

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
XP 900 2 seat build. PIC & Product update 5-20

Decided it was time to sell my S and pick up the reliable XP900. knowing there is some cool new UTVs coming. I felt the XP900 was a solid choice. So First off I have to thank SDR Motorsports, Rigid Industries, Pro Armor, Cognito Motorsports/ FOX, Method Race Wheels, DGImedia inc/graphics, Berts Mega Mall. These guys are all tops in there field with out a doubt.

Started out with a 2013 XP900 Evasive green. Wanted that power steering. Immediately added some 5 point 3" Pro Armor belts. I dig there quality and look. Secondly added there Sniper seats and there soft top, Grill and Arm guards for the same reasons.

After the first 8 hours of enjoying the XP900 and its power to weight ratio I had convinced my self I need to get the most aggressive shocks I could find. I had heard threw the grape vine that Fox was stepping up to the plate huge with there new 2.5 and was working very close with Cognito on the Valving and Bottom out Cup technology. So I jumped on board and I tell ya, What a great decision. These Fox Shoxs are all the hype and then some. I put them to the test in a rough whoop section. Stock shocks were done at 33MPH. with the new 2.5s with in 2 hours I was hitting the same section at over 57 mph. Even in the slow stuff these shocks are incredible. so smooth. The tuning on these shocks was very easy, they come with some very easy to read instructions on how to tune them. Justin @ Cognito Motor sports was great to work with, he asked all the right questions. What kind of driving , driver / passenger weight, added weight to the car ect. Quality customer service for sure. Thanks Justin !

Now it was time to do the cage and aluminum. Safety and design where on my mine. I had been communicating with Tim @ SDR for a while and have admired his work and craftsmanship for a long time. Everything just fell together. I am glad it did Tim and his crew are awesome. They excided my expiation's. They took my XP, talked me threw everything set up a schedule and kept it. From design to electrical, powdecoating, assembly, communication to a complete walk threw. I really dig there Solid mount doors that have a welded hinge with automobile latch. no ratels or miss alingments. I am very grateful to have had the experience to work with you guys. There quality and craftsmanship and customer service is top notch!

Next step was to get into some lighting. So I did some research, checked a around and decided on Rigid. I found they would have ever thing I wanted to cover my needs. I was looking to get the best coverage and options for night and dusty conditions. I opted for the 30" SR combo for my over head and complemented it with some D2 Drive beams on the A pillared to enhance my peripheral vision and toped it off with there 10" 5100 lumen spectra in a drive beam in the front grill. You might be thinking dam thats alot of Lumen's, Ya it is! (a little over 12K) what I am doing is using the D-2 and the 10" Spectra as my Amber lights which will cut threw Dust / fog like a knife. Keeping them down low is an advantage as well as it will keep the shadows more visible so the eye has a better time of distinguishing obstacle's. You cant beat their quality of there life time warranty. I have been working with the crew at Rigid for over 4 years and have done many builds with there LED bars. I have one or two issues. One was with a switch and there other was with a harness. They took care of them asap and made them right.

Got Dome Light

Tim at SDR useing his creative ways also installed a Amber running light and a Back up light both from Rigid. I used there SRMs with defused lenses.

I am going to do a custom dash, so for now SDR used the Rigid lighted sealed switches.

Another big contributer to this build was Art over at Bert's Mega Mall. I have to give them huge props for making my purchase painless and easy. Art was able to help me decide on which unit was going to fit my needs from offering me technical info and getting the opportunity's to demo the units when the MFG were having there demo days. Art and his coworkers were excelent in taking my calls and getting the best possable deal on my purchase, Thanks Berts Mega Mall !

Method Race Wheels, who else could you count on to come in to the UTV market and build the best UTV wheel out there. While Methods non beadlock specs out better than most others manufactures race wheels at a 1000lb load rating. There Race wheel blows them out of the water with a 1600 lb load rating. With there 14" weighting just under 14lbs. Method brings it technology from Trophy trucks and Pro trucks in the LUCAS Off Road Racing industry. With there Technology and R&D being second to none. you cant go wrong here. Lighter. Stronger. Faster. Its not just a tag line.

Great thanks to Methods Chris Mckendry for his graphic desing and Method for hooking me up on the graphics and a few other goodies...

Here is the 14x7 Beadlock

Props to MAXIS tire for hooking us up these 14x28x10" worked awsome in Moab last week !
*note beadlock rings in pic are incorect. Beadlock bolts will be resesed in production

Here is our 402 Nonbeadlock with just over a 1000lb load rating

Special Thanks to Scott @ GMZ for hooking me up with these 14x27" Slammer tires it has been a great tire ! Not 1 issiue during R&D

Headed Over to BENCHMARK PERFROMANCE For some Anti Theft and Comfort

I wanted a better steering wheel and an anti theft system Chris hooked me up with his billet adapter and a Sweet steering wheel quick disconnect along with a Solid Momo Wheel. Had it out this weekend in Glamis. The Grip was way better than stock. The flexing in the Steering wheel was gone. I was always worried that the stock wheel would brake. Not any more. Very comfortable on the hands too.​

SafeGlow Whips

Got referred to Robert at safeglow whips, Robert your whips are bright and easy to install. come on and off with ease. I had no problems with them thanks for the opportunity, I like them, I like them a lot.

Wanted a little more juice, I hooked up with Benchmark Performance for an ECU Flash. Thank you Chris and For and exhaust Tim at Yoshimura Hooked me up with there easy to install Slip on. Still under the 96 decimal this this bad boy sounds wicked. Right out of the box these 2 additions provided me with an additional 3 HP to the rear wheels and got rid of the rev limiter, Braaaaaap, and yes I can feel the difference.​

Spent some time thinking about Communications. Did my home work and shopped around. These Guys over at Rugged Radios were very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. They have a complete package ready to go. About as close to plug and play as you can get with a communications package. Just go to there web site and click on UTV and your model, and there you have it. http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=302_541_335 They shipped me the RZR-660-2P-HK-OFSP-50W package and I shall start the install this week, Cant wait to install it. it looks very easy. Up date coming soon. Thanks Rugged !​

When you see me please feel free to stop by and say hello

Last edited:

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Re: XP 900 2 seat build, ** up dated pics and product

Nice build
Looking good Steven
I like the wrap on the inside nice touch . ''Enjoy''
Looking good. Even better with Bert's UTV sticker on it. Lol.
Looks really good. I like the little bit higher sides!

Thanks for the props guys !!!, Still have a few more thing i need to add to the RZR, any sudgestion on comunications. also what color lighted whips ? White, Orange or blue or ?

Thanks

Last edited:

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Man those wheels look so bad ass but I wish the bead-locks had a solid center with a hubcap like the non bead-locks do.

Ya I dig the Race wheel too. This is our full blown Race Wheel for the UTV. In race application we don't use caps so you can
keep tabs on the center nut and cotter pin as well as to keep the weight down.
we machine a lot of the excess material out this eliminates the option for a center cap. We have a few more styles coming out that are still in R&D that will have similar specs and a cap. They are great looking wheels to. I cant wait to get some spy pics up soon.

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Re: XP 900 2 seat build, Pics updated 5-28-13

Thanks Chris @ Benchmark for the quality workmanship and product. Updated more pics and review in the Original post.

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Another bonus with the opening doors from SDR is working on the Xp you can open these up and there is plenty of room.

I am thinking of doing this SDR dash. I want to put a removable full size Ipad in here. they are so versital. I am thinking this is the ticket.

Let me here your thoughts. Thanks for everyone's input much appreciated .

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
Thats a nice rzr. That dash looks pretty cool.. would look awesome with guages switches and all the other fancy stuff

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Thanks Garret, I agree, I need to figure out how to make my Ipad fit and look good and still be able to take it out in a hurry for those quick photo opts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000