All UTV's XP 900 2 seat build

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Steve thanks for letting me use this awesome machine as a taxi last weekend at Pala!!! I have to admit I was having a little bit of RZR Envy in it!

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Thanks to Tim at Yoshimura I have installed there slip on for the 900, that with the Benchmark Performance ECU flash I picked up 3 more HP to the ground. sounds great and I feel a little more snap in this XP.

Install was easy, The exhaust came with a spring removal/ Install tool and some easy to read instructions. So basic hand tools covered the job. The exhaust is as loud as I would go. Any more would be to loud.

Ripper

4 x IED survivor
Sep 19, 2013
CO, AZ
Incredible ride!

But your not gaining HP with your exhaust, your loosing a little actually especially using a slip on. Original exhaust were for noise suppression "Silencing for hunting etc" versus it just sounds cool noise makers.

The basic engineering behind these exhaust has not changed especially on slip ons. I can't remember where I saw a video at, where someone proved this on various quads in a .25 mile run. They used a couple of the top name brands "Yoshi was 1 of them" and ran stock machines up against machines with these exhaust. After several runs they proved that their was definitely zero gain, and some loss. This was just 2 years ago...

Now don't get me wrong, a lot changes in just 2 yrs. time. Maybe the engineers added some changes.

Where is your surround sound and TV's at? ;)

I've heard dual exhaust coming straight from the engine adds a few additional HP. But I haven't seen anything proving this yet.

Cheers,
RiP

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Thanks for the props and the info Dave, this combo with the Benchmark Performance ECU flash has been tested and it picks up the ponys mentioned above with the slip on.

FBT

That dash would be sweet. I know I am old, but I see the panels on that covered with machine-turned aluminum inserts, and then the gauges installed old-school on that. It would bring a wow factor to the all that black.
Just an idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000