XP1000/4 Starter issue

acme

Jul 21, 2015
Started car, pulled it on the trailer. Went to start it to pull it off the trailer: Starter spins but does not spin motor over or engage?

Tried putting it in gear and rocking it etc, nothing - just spins... Battery charged etc... New to UTV's, any ideas or directions appreciated!

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
Sprag clutch is likely gone. Need to pull stator cover. Remove flywheel and change sprag and freewheel gear.

acme

Jul 21, 2015
Thanks Nate! We heard that same diagnoses from another source as well. Parts and puller in route. Went to load car in trailer for the MORE race and bingo. Better at home than in Barstow. I'm pretty sure it's the ONLY thing on the car that wasn't touched, massaged or rebuilt so now it's totally fresh until Sat if anyone wants a killer deal...

http://classifieds.utvunderground.com/index.php?ct=trailercoach&md=details&id=110005

Typical racers luck...

acme

Jul 21, 2015
Jim:

Everything is always for sale with me, ask my buddies...

We have another racing opp back in buggies and we only want to race a few races a year. Races that we want to do and a have a few few on the bucket list and I think down deep we are buggy folk. We love Parker, 500/SF 250, RECORD Ensenada to SF and CODE and have the B1k/Norra on the list as I've never done a peninsula 1K and the wife never the 1000, if it sells we'll go race with this opp and get an AC equipped prerunner, if not we'll see what happens. We had it sold but after waiting 45+ days on a douche who it seems didn't get it approved with his significant other or something odd, had lots of emails but it seem mostly dreamers, so we're racing the MORE race this weekend. Spent too much time and money making it a top shelf car not to play with it at least once...

Thanks for the help and advice and thanks to Sparks for getting us the parts and Suspended Fab for helping get it together so fast!

Reactions: BiggJim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000