XP1000 Legroom

DWB

Oct 10, 2014
Hello all, I went with my wife and sat in a XP1000 for the first time yesterday. Verrrry Desirable!

But I was wondering what some of the taller owners think about legroom? In a stock seat, which by the way looks laughably like a child's seat, my left knee hits the body near the door latch and pokes right into my kneecap.

I can not imagine going for a decent ride without that becoming a major annoyance, if not pain. I am 6'1" and fat and old. I was using the tread where your left foot is supposed to go. I can't see anyplace else to rest your foot, by design of the floor board.

Perhaps aftermarket seats mount further back, I have no idea. But undoubtedly this subject has long ago been resolved. So what do folks do, if it is the problem it seems it must be? TIA Dave

DWB

Oct 10, 2014
Yes I did. It also looked as if the seat was very close to the rollcage bar that you mount the harnesses to.

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
Get a soft door bag. Extra storage and padding where your knee hits the door. I have had the same issue in both the xp and the wildcat.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Buy a Can Am. Your knee won't hit anything and it feels like a real car vs the Barbie jeep

DWB

Oct 10, 2014
Get a soft door bag. Extra storage and padding where your knee hits the door. I have had the same issue in both the xp and the wildcat.
Thanks, I am more worried about where the front of my knee hits the bodywork/dashboard, not where the side of my knee hits the door. It is kind of pointed, or a corner. right near the door latch.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
It the stupid foot rest that makes it tight for the left leg. Im 6'5" and thats the issue i have with it. If i got a rzr i was going to just cut it out and put a flat plate in.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Buy a Can Am. Your knee won't hit anything and it feels like a real car vs the Barbie jeep
X2

If you want great room, shitty power and crap suspension, get a T4 like me :D

DWB

Oct 10, 2014
It the stupid foot rest that makes it tight for the left leg. Im 6'5" and thats the issue i have with it. If i got a rzr i was going to just cut it out and put a flat plate in.
Somebody must have done that, if there is no frame rail under the foot rest. I'm not really that tall, so others must have dealt with this issue.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I can fix both those issues you have with your T4 then you will have the best of both worlds
You already fixed me up with the suspension last month, which is awesome! Now I'm working on the power issue with VFJ! :D
Dave

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
I'm 6'4" and I have a 1000 4seat. Aftermarket seats did help me with my left leg clearance issues. However it did cause issues with my right knee hitting the console in the dash. It was easy to remove and trim the remaining panel so all is good. Unfortunately it's not easy getting a big frame into the cars!!

In my 900 I actually ran a motocross knee pad on my left leg when I raced Soboba and tighter trail rides .

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
I'm 6'8'' and I just kind of factor in some mods to fit when looking at a chassis haha. Definitely lose the lower corner on the dash, then depending on your wheel/tire package you can blow out that area where the left foot dead pedal is.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Just buy a 4 seat XP1000 and ditch the rear seats and move the front seats back to give you more legroom.

Kinda like what Hightower did in the Police Academy movies. :D

Attachments

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Just buy a 4 seat XP1000 and ditch the rear seats and move the front seats back to give you more legroom.

Kinda like what Hightower did in the Police Academy movies. :D
LMAO, yep that's what I always thought of doing to. I absolutely hate having my legs all jammed in the car.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000