XP1K 2 AND 4 SEAT BLOWN BELT ISSUES.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
MP...I am not discounting what you are saying....but we have only broke 1 belt EVER on our race car....we've never broke one in or washed one before use. However we do put a new one on for every 3rd race......hell I seen clutch temps in the 250 degree range for extended periods this year at vegas 2 reno and didnt break one:).....I think alot of it is Driver.....but then again our driver drives like Miss Daisy;):eek:

I do ?!?

STETLER

R1-Custom - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA
the 4 seater fire was caused by a gas can getting hauled in the bed and wasn't strapped down correctly. Yes the driver got Badly burned. He was airlifted out.

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
Unfortunately you can add me to the list. Brand new xp4 1000. 10 easy miles on the ranch to break in the belt. Glamis, stone stock, stock tires at 10 psi, 2 adults and one child in car. At 70 miles, the belt let go on the side of a bowl. Wasn't hot outside, wasn't beating on it. Love the car, really disappointed with the belt issue. Will be testing clutch setups this week.

moto4life9099

Jan 17, 2011
Add me to the list as well. Took the car to lucern to break in the belt and car last weekend and did an easy 35 miles on her to break her in nice and then went to Glamis this weekend and about 60 miles in blew the belt. Just me and a buddy in the car not being a grandma but wasn't thrashing it either. Stock tires. 4 wheel drive. Sun was on its way down so temp was just about sweatshirt time. The clutch was extremely hot. Hot enough to have leather gloves on and it was still almost to hot to try and get the pieces out. Looking at doing a bilge blower in line to try to drop the temps to see if that helps. I know a lot of people blame it on driving style but I've been going to Glamis since I was born and think I'm a pretty good driver and was very aware of the problem so I was trying to be nice to it. I really don't think the cvt is getting the airflow it needs to keep it cool.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I got some education this weekend in regards to the 4 seat 1000 belt problems. At this point it's clear, there is an issue and I am sure Polaris is doing something about this.

From what I was told, by another heavily involved industry guy is that the secondary is designed to push the belt to ride higher when under acceleration. Problem is it's pushing the belt so high between the secondary that it's causing the belts to prematurely fail.

With that said my 2 seater made it through yet another weekend of extremely hard runs with no issues! Still running the OG belt.

My Mavericks on the other hand, did not fair so well. My 2 seat Maverick lost 2 belts! However, both belts blew with Glamis rookies driving them and I can't be sure that they were just flooring it non stop in soft sand over and over. Anyone can blow a belt on any car when they aren't mindful of how they are driving the machine. Our Maverick Max also lost a belt with a rookie driver. I drove both of those machines a lot this weekend on some fun rides and never even felt the belts get warm am had zero problems. Even my wife drove both cars and never had a belt issue. Sooooooo... Point is, drivers make a huge difference in how long a belt does or doesn't last and all machines especially in the dunes are subject to losing belts.

I will add. Every person I spoke too with a 4 seat 1000 had lost at least 1 belt this weekend. There has to be something going on here.

work2play

Sep 12, 2011
Thanks for the info Joey. Now we need quick action from Polaris or the aftermarket.

I also lost a Polaris belt after only 30 miles in the sand this weekend in our new XP41k (just cruising the dunes with my wife and 2 kids). The plastic case was very, very hot. We could hardly touch the primary or secondary even with gloves on. The case also had rub marks from the belt or the pieces flying.

My wife dunes quite well, but she is so afraid of the belt problem and getting caught in a bad spot that she won't even take it out for a spin :(

We love the ride/suspension in our XP41k. We to Camp RZR just to demo it, but this is putting a very bitter taste on our $30K purchase.

rnjrzr

Nov 18, 2013
Just put on 110 miles in Johnson Valley this weekend. A little mix of trail riding, rock crawling and duning. I have a total of 176 miles with no belt issues.....yet. I have not gave it full throttle yet as I am still in break in mode. I have given it about 3/4 throttle but not stomping on it from a dead stop. A have pulled the belt cover twice and have seen no signs of belt problems. I take great care in making sure I am in low gear when needed. With all that said, I would not be surprised if my belt shreds tomorrow.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
They should run bigger clutch set ups and much bigger belts on these big Hp utv's. Makes sense as these machines keep getting more crazy big and powerful.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
Hmmm. The post about jv/lucerne interest me. Thats where i ride 98% of the time. Seems belts were fine there (hard pack dirt trails ). Until they hit sand. Even just putting around. I think i should be fine. Or maybe a T4 is all i need for my terrain and driving style. But a xp1k looks fun.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
I also have personally put 1200+ hard miles on a over loaded RZR1000. In the heat of summer with almost no issues. I did get it to slip 2-3 times but it piled on a ton of miles after that.

As much as I like to have my fun, you just have to have some common sense and lift your foot, every now and then.[/QUOTE]

i wonder how many hours were in a 4 seat 1000. lol

Heybeerman

Mar 3, 2011
Morristown, AZ
I also have personally put 1200+ hard miles on a over loaded RZR1000. In the heat of summer with almost no issues. I did get it to slip 2-3 times but it piled on a ton of miles after that.

As much as I like to have my fun, you just have to have some common sense and lift your foot, every now and then.
i wonder how many hours were in a 4 seat 1000. lol[/QUOTE]

11 hours 14 minuets and 32 seconds

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000