XP1K2 Officially Announced!

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
UTVUnderground Presents: RJ Anderson's #XP1K2 has been officially announced! Get over to XP1K2.com to check out the XP1K Polaris RZR and read up on the latest news! The new video will premier LIVE at Camp RZR Glamis on Halloween and then go live online on 11/4/14!

Most of you knew this was coming, well now you have a concrete date. Click the picture to be linked to the XP1K2 site with pics, an "about" section and all the specs on the XP1K2 RZR!

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Looks like some $$ was spent on production.

"Joey D CEO" is that cake eating officer? haha

just kidding, its amazing how far this sort has come to warrant a CEO of an internet forum. Heck i remeber this dude when he drove a clapped out Rhino with welded in door bars, no skins or roof.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield

"Joey D CEO" is that cheeseburger eating officer? haha

just kidding, its amazing how far this sort has come to warrant a CEO of an internet forum. Heck i remeber this dude when he drove a clapped out Rhino with welded in door bars, no skins or roof.
Fixed it for ya....

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I just noticed 2 nights ago that the XP 1000's have anti-dive built into the front suspension geometry. Nice. Although, I do think that the built in Ackerman steering was a bit too positive, causing excessive slip angles on the outside tire, and in the stock configuration, the inner steering knuckle, because of its angular relationship to the tie rod @full lock, renders the tie inside tire tie rod end vulnerable. Polaris did do a good job though in minimizing bump steer, but at the expense of that funky jungle gym upper a arm. All that being said, I thought that overall it was a really functional package.

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
I just noticed 2 nights ago that the XP 1000's have anti-dive built into the front suspension geometry. Nice. Although, I do think that the built in Ackerman steering was a bit too positive, causing excessive slip angles on the outside tire, and in the stock configuration, the inner steering knuckle, because of its angular relationship to the tie rod @full lock, renders the tie inside tire tie rod end vulnerable. Polaris did do a good job though in minimizing bump steer, but at the expense of that funky jungle gym upper a arm. All that being said, I thought that overall it was a really functional package.
I've read a lot about xp1k and ridden with a bunch guys who own them ... and I've NEVER read anything of the such about anti-dive and tie rods... amazing knowledge you got in the brain Reid.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I've read a lot about xp1k and ridden with a bunch guys who own them ... and I've NEVER read anything of the such about anti-dive and tie rods... amazing knowledge you got in the brain Reid.
Anti dive is easy to spot. Just look at the front upper a arm relative to the lower one. On the XP1K, notice that the two arms, as viewed from the side, do not share a parallel pivot axis. The rear pivot of the top arm drops lower, causing a declining angle towards the rear. It's just another way of defining caster gain, meaning that as the suspension bumps, the caster increases, exaggerating the return to center characteristics of the vehicle. This is desirable because it provides feedback at the steering wheel that the driver can use to steer through a turn. Just think how odd it would be if when you cornered, the input to do so would be met with little or no resistance. Just a little snippet I picked up from Nam! Thanks for the praise though. It makes me feel good!

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
Anti dive is easy to spot. Just look at the front upper a arm relative to the lower one. On the XP1K, notice that the two arms, as viewed from the side, do not share a parallel pivot axis. The rear pivot of the top arm drops lower, causing a declining angle towards the rear. It's just another way of defining caster gain, meaning that as the suspension bumps, the caster increases, exaggerating the return to center characteristics of the vehicle. This is desirable because it provides feedback at the steering wheel that the driver can use to steer through a turn. Just think how odd it would be if when you cornered, the input to do so would be met with little or no resistance. Just a little snippet I picked up from Nam! Thanks for the praise though. It makes me feel good!
HOLY CRAP REID!!!!!your knowledge is never ending it seems.any chance you can come up to northern az and help me finish mine LOL.all the beers you can handle LOl.:D.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
HOLY CRAP REID!!!!!your knowledge is never ending it seems.any chance you can come up to northern az and help me finish mine LOL.all the beers you can handle LOl.:D.
If you rolled up in a coast distribution truck, my body might become magnetic and get sucked onto the side of it, at which point you swiftly drive away! Be sure to leave the roll up door unlocked.:cool:

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
With all of your comments about the Polaris lately you have me thinking you are jumping to a Polaris next year. Say it aint so!!!!
Marc and I were at SCORE's El Cajon facility a few days ago, and Roger picked up a couple of new XP 1000's to use for marking the course for this years 1000. So, I took the opportunity to see first hand, the stock platform that these Polaris teams are building off of. Man, I didn't realize the amount of bling that is available for those cars. Roger had over 8k worth of aftermarket goodies in the back of his truck. The only thing he didn't have was one of those gyroscopic-ally stabilized, freon cooled and intravenously fed, cup holder chingadera's :confused: to keep your cold beer from foaming up over the whoops!:D

You know me, my fingers are attached to my eyes. Therefore, I only can type what my eyes see or read! I'm not out to make friends or enemies. I'm just your mild mannered reporter, without the muscles and eyeglasses.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

"Joey D CEO" is that cake eating officer? haha

That rhino wasn't clapped out. At the time it was under construction. Rusty and I built it in the garage lol #TrueUTVog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000