XP1K3: Sound & Fury - Behind the crashes...

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Professional Driver. One-Of-A-Kind Heavily Modified Vehicle. Do Not Attempt. You Could Die. RJ Anderson is constantly driving on the edge of consequence in the XP1K series. XP1K3 was no different. The "Sound and Fury" edit brings that consequence to life giving you a behind the scenes look at the crashes and failures when testing a scene!

The XP1K viral film series has amassed more than 16 million views across YouTube, Facebook and Instagram so far, and has been watched in more than 70 different countries. The adrenalized, branded video campaign has made hundreds of millions of impressions worldwide, redefining the Sport Utility Vehicle (UTV) and Side-by-Side (SxS) market.

More than a year of planning went into the development and execution of the “XP1K3” campaign. It took the build team of 15, more than a month to weld, stack, cut, bend and fabricate the custom playground with multiple obstacles. The Mad Media crew of 40 then spent 14 days on location battling dust, rust, rain, mud and fog to capture each of their incredible imagined obstacles.

Keep track of all the XP1K3 news and information at www.XP1K3.com

Music by: Ministry "Jesus Built My Hotrod"

Be sure to subscribe to this channel and LIKE our Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/utvunderground
https://www.twitter.com/utvunderground
Instagram @ UTVUnderground

https://www.Facebook.com/PolarisRZR

https://www.Facebook.com/therj37

©2016 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED // A UTVUNDERGROUND PRODUCTION
Polaris Industries, BFGoodrich Tires, and Monster Energy are not responsible for the content in this video.
Polaris RZR™ is a registered trademark of Polaris Industries Inc.

Adult models - 16 and older. Be sure to get safety training. The vehicle displayed in this video is not intended for on-road use. Driver must be 16 years old with a valid driver's license. Passenger must be 12 years old, and tall enough to use hand holds and plant feet firmly on floor. Always use cab nets, wear seatbelts, helmets, eye protection, and protective clothing. Do not operate on public roads. Avoid excessive speeds, sharp turns, and difficult terrain. Riding and alcohol/drugs don't mix! Never carry more than the appropriate amount of passengers. Follow all warnings/instructions in owner's manuals and on product. UTV Underground, Mad Media and their affiliates are not responsible for injuries that may occur from emulating or copying the riding, driving, or stunts performed in this video. Visit www.rohva.org for more information on safe operation off-road vehicles.

Reactions: Glamisfan

rico

Oct 16, 2014
Lehi, UT
The original XP1K3 video was awesome, and this "behind-the-scenes" look provides a lot of really interesting context about what it takes to put together something like this. My hat's off to the producers MM, J'D and Mr. Anderson.

This made me chuckle...:D:D

Reactions: JoeyD23

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
That was pretty awesome! The jump over the train coming up short destroyed that suspension but could have been so much worse.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: JoeyD23

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
There had to be some serious pucker factor going on with that train gap coming up a little short...didn't work out to bad in the end minus all the broken suspension but could have been much worse.

How many RZR's did RJ drive for the filming? I am assuming you didn't repair it after each little mishap before filming the next scene.

I saw a clip on instagram called "moonwalk" it was very cool, basically a 4wd burnout with all wheels spinning and him moving the wheel to walk the car side to side...should have made the video or the blooper reels at least.

RWTDCT

Its an RZR Thing - La Familia
Jun 13, 2013
Central Coast, Ca. (Paso)
Dam......I wish I could have been there to see making of this video and see all the carnage. This goes to show all the dangers in making a video like this.

Awesome job fellows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000