XP900 drive shaft VERY close to frame

426m

Dec 1, 2011
My 2012 XP 900 drive shaft rides VERY close to the frame crossmembers ( shaft to low ?) it shows signs of actually rubbing the cross members at times, also the Idle Air Control hoses that go from the IAC valve to the intake are stretched tight? Anyone else have this issue?

426m

Dec 1, 2011
Wasn't that close before, my other XP 900"trail riding" car isn't close enough to rub, something has changed

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
Ben you may want to check the distance between PTO and Tranny input. I have seen the mounting block between motor and tranny start to sag closing that distance and making the shaft rub on the frame.

Nate
Alba Racing

426m

Dec 1, 2011
Thanks Nate, you are a guy that knows his trade! Pinch bolts at transmission had worked loose (Jamb Nuts were loose,Actual bolts were still Hella tight) letting it sag down, clutch primary and driven shafts were 3/8" too close together because of this also. That whole bolt together setup is an interesting concept. Are the holes in the "mount" bigger than the through bolt OD?

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
Glad the issue was found Ben! I think after every race or two you should go back and make sure they are still good....

Nate
Alba Racing

426m

Dec 1, 2011
I agree Nate, I measured the clearance and made a piece that is a snug fit between the frame cross member and the drive shaft, so I will be able to do a "go / no go" type check easily. I wondered about fabbing a strut to fit between the trans case and the head that would help keep them from moving. Also now that I have a set of shocks that work good, the car doesn't bottom out like it did so that should help some. Thanks again for your input, it was spot on as usual.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000