XP'S pushing the limits

blacksheep10

Jan 12, 2013
and slick. those rough shale transitions make for not much run in on some of them. good times were had though

blacksheep10

Jan 12, 2013
I am actually quite broke. I had to fluff up an old standard I got for 4k then buy and fix up/ sell another rzr to get to where I could almost afford this xp. I've only bought rhino rear axles, the rest I've made in my shop. I tore an a arm off on the track a couple weeks ago, I just built new arms to replace the lowers and a frame gusset plate for the uppers. Other than that I change oil and put brake pads on it. Let off when the front end comes down so you aren't buying front diffs and don't land on the throttle if you're inverted in the rear. Not much breaks if you drive cautiously crazy

blacksheep10

Jan 12, 2013
Also, I guess broken wheels could add up, I've tig'd 3 of mine back together. Hopefully with no ball joints now I'll quit breaking wheels. I have yet to ruin a tire (knock on wood)

MUCHADO

May 19, 2011
I have yet to ruin a tire (knock on wood)
How many did Jake trash in a matter of 2 weeks?!! like 4 or 5??

Good vid travis keep em comin. I need to learn how to hill shoot a bit... Maybe ride solo next time. Think having passenger weight is making things a bit tougher.

RZRSKEG

Dec 15, 2011
Fort mcmurray
wicked. I understand the broke part. if it breaks you build it stronger yourself. and learn what she can take. the xp is an amazing machine for the abuse it can handle.

MUCHADO

May 19, 2011
I noticed one was running bighorns but what tires was the other one running.
Kelly(blacksheep10) was on bighorns... Jake Minden is on 28" GBC Kanati Mongrels... Those mongrels GET IT...even in mud. I am impressed and will be ditching my bighorns soon for the mongrels.

thekevin

Mar 23, 2013
I don't think my Rhino would push 28's very well. I have 26" Big Horns now but I am wanting something a little more aggressive. I was looking at the Pitbull Rocker Uber XOR's. Sucks they only make those GBC's in 28" for 14" wheels.

MUCHADO

May 19, 2011
I don't think my Rhino would push 28's very well. I have 26" Big Horns now but I am wanting something a little more aggressive. I was looking at the Pitbull Rocker Uber XOR's. Sucks they only make those GBC's in 28" for 14" wheels.
28's run a little small but yea....

Pitbull rockers are freakin heavy and jabnasty ran em prerunning KOH and they got ate up FAST.. feedback I got was they hated them, took them off. I think there's a used set for sale if you want them.. they were at blacksheep10's place last time I seen em.

blacksheep10

Jan 12, 2013
The only problem with the Rockers was that they dug too hard in the sand and went down not forward and they didn't stick to the rocks as well as the bighorns did, and nowhere near as good as the Mongrels. In mud mud the mongrels balled up and sucked. In shale bottom muddy/clay stuff like in the vid at the front of this thread, they do great. this weekend we went to a black dirt muddy place and the rockers did great, the mongrels sucked. Depends on what you do more. I do have a set of 26.5" rockers with about 50 miles on them that I'm on the fence about selling. if they suck on the track and slick rocks, I'm moving them on. I know they work good on creek banks and dirt/mud

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000