Xtreme Plus Team Ready To Take On Dakar

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
Holz and Polaris-Sponsored Xtreme Plus Motorsports is ready to take on Dakar! I know a few baja teams that would kill to use that as a Chase Truck!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Can we get spec's on the cars & more info on the team?

Will UTV Underground be following and doing updates on the UTV class during the race?

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Here is what I found on Xtreme Plus.

http://www.xtremeplus.fr/?lang=en

I found it interesting that they are supported by Polaris USA & Polaris Europe, yet not one person on the team is from the USA. The team looks to be based out of France. In a banner photo on their site they have one of the shop, which has the American flag hanging, so that pretty cool considering they are in France.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
A French guy named Marco owns Xtreme Plus. They have a bunch of ex-Mitsubishi rally team mechanics that work on the cars. They use a bunch of Holz stuff on their cars, but they use Ricor shocks (German). Willy Alcaraz has won the T3 class in Dakar for the last few years in a single seat XP 900. I have no clue what they did to their new XP1000's, but on the old 900's they stretched the frames to increase the wheelbase. The rules are different than BITD/SCORE so the cars are different. The biggest difference is that there has to be a firewall that completely separates (all the way to the roof) the drivers compartment from the engine compartment, thus creating huge roof and side mounted scoops to get cooling air to the rear mounted radiators. Some things were trick and some things were not so much. Eg carbon fiber dash and the use of fiber optic wire, but then stock air boxes. They must carry enough fuel to cover the longest 'special' which varies year to year, but usually is in the 350-450 mile range. Thus the need for a HUGE (eg 40-50 gallon) fuel cell. Polaris typically creates a facebook page where people can follow the race. The Dakar website is also pretty good. There are also a great bunch of 'Dakar dorks' that follow the race on Race-desert under the rally raid section. My 2 pesos. -MP

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Dakar Dorks!! :D

Don't forget on top of the Ricor shocks all the Euro teams run the OZ "Leggenda" wheels. It looks as if they even make them for the UTV's too. And in white, they always seem to be white.

Its got to be a Euro thing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000