XTZ 1000 Build: Permission to Launch

Hapa

Ricky Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Oc
www.glamisdunesstorage.com
Permission to Launch as if you guys had a choice:cool:

My cat is off getting a Ron Woods exhaust, Intake and fuel controller. Of-course all the tunning and dialing in are done by The Pro Shop.

I think Ron Woods will r&d the intake and exhausts and John at the Pro Shop dials it in with the fuel controller.

What they do is dyno the cat first, but before they do this The Pro Shop will check the air cleaner and the rest of the cat to makes sure they get a fair and accurate dyno run. Then they send it to Ron Woods in Costa Mesa, where he builds a few different prototypes. They then go back to the Pro Shop and dyno and dial in each different proto type exhaust and intake.

Then they pick the pipe and intake set up that works the best.

This is no small job, it takes a while and all the time they are looking at torque curves and listing to the sound to make sure they get good power without being ridiculously loud.

So by Presidents day i hope I can test the new performance myself.

This is the best part! These cats are pretty corked up, increase in hp is always pipe dreams to me. I am trying to be realistic so i expect 5 hp gain or so, But I have heard from reliable people that I could see up to 15 to 20hp gain because of how corked up these cats engines are. like I said pipe dreams. Major Thanks go to John and crew at the Pro Shop and Ron Woods!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
Hot off the press, made John fax it to me i wanted to see it so bad!

Well i got a Dyno print out for the stock XTZ 1000. The problem is the hp is not accurate. Need dyno tires for the cat and some other adjustments to the dyno?

But the numbers are not as important as the curve and the tuning. The XTZ 1000 was bouncing off the rev limiter i think. The tires did not fit the dyno perfect, john is getting dyno tires for the Cat. But the top end mph numbers are probably correct.

The dyno print out of the 09 Arctic Cat XTZ 1000 is laid over a
stock 08 Rhino 700 print out

this will give you the idea of the difference in power stock. WOW:eek:

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
I figure i should put some before pics up now, because this is going to change fast. Here is what the cat is supposed to look like new.

Here is what mine looked like new, i cut it off the trailer and it landed on all four ready to go.

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
Well the news just keeps getting better!!!! My 09 Arctic Cat XTZ 1000 will be riding on Magnum Long Travel!!!!!:D Dano and i put it in ink today!!!!

I have talked to several really good Long travel builders out there. And i had a bunch of really good offers from great companies. I got great advice and am really happy with what Magnum is going to do for my cat!! I'm thinking 70 plus through the whoops and some big air this summer. Dano; I printed the Prowler XTZ Specs, and that is all the help i can be. lol Cant wait!

Last edited:

Wasatch Quad

Wasatch You Sayin'? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Northern Utah
Sweeettt!
I can't wait to see this build as it goes.

Woods knows thier stuff. Had a DS650 with the stage 1, huge difference from stock.

Jeepinbeav

Leave It To Beaver - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Goodyear Az
i heard also those cat motors are corked up those are some impressive numbers for stock at the wheels, so is fixing the rhino on hold or working out isurance crap?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Well the news just keeps getting better!!!! My 09 Arctic Cat XTZ 1000 will be riding on Magnum Long Travel!!!!!:D Dano and i put it in ink today!!!!

I have talked to several really good Long travel builders out there. And i had a bunch of really good offers from great companies. I got great advice and am really happy with what Magnum is going to do for my cat!! I'm thinking 70 plus through the whoops and some big air this summer. Dano; I printed the Prowler XTZ Specs, and that is all the help i can be. lol Cant wait!

All I can say is this is Magnum's year!!! They are going to have an aresenal of some of the baddest, most custom SXS's ever built!!!

GREGC

My Rhino Does Wheelies - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
i can't wait to see all these projects finished. There are going to be some bad mo fo's on the summer runs this year!!

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
i heard also those cat motors are corked up those are some impressive numbers for stock at the wheels, so is fixing the rhino on hold or working out isurance crap?
The Rhino quote is with the Insurance adjusters. Rhino build coming soon.

Bi polar Jim, told me the XTZ 1000 are closer to 87hp stock give or take.

If you dont know Bi Polar they took 1st and 2nd in the 2008 Baja 1000 riding Arctic Cats.

RICHIEB

Jan 26, 2009
TN
The Rhino quote is with the Insurance adjusters. Rhino build coming soon.

Bi polar Jim, told me the XTZ 1000 are closer to 87hp stock give or take.

If you dont know Bi Polar they took 1st and 2nd in the 2008 Baja 1000 riding Arctic Cats.
So what should they be making at the wheels stock.That dyno print out cant be right!

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
So what should they be making at the wheels stock.That dyno print out cant be right!
once i get it dialed in i will get a accurate Dyno print out. Can only guess right now. Rotax 800 will put 53.6 hp or so to the wheels. So i am hoping for 70 hp plus to the wheels, we will have to see. i will probably be at the Sand Drags over v-day

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000