YAMAHA - June 11th, 6PM PST on UTVUnderground.com - 2014 Model Year RELEASE!

Makin' Trax

Got Shocks? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 27, 2009
Something to think about and/or remember, pretty much this UTV craze all started when some creative and innovative people started putting long travel and rear seats in a farm utility vehicle not designed or intended to be used in the manner they were used. In fact are still used today. I am pretty sure Yamaha designed what they felt would corner the utility vehicle market with no intention of hitting a sport market. They only provided the best platform to modify. The rest was on us. Thus I feel they haven't changed their original mission to be a strong player in the Utility market and are probably relieved the Rhino is no longer bought to be modified. If they chose to compete in the performance SxS market, Yamaha would be a serious player. I was really hoping this year, but when I really think about it, I doubt we will ever see it. My $.02

Fourup

The Dalek
Jun 26, 2012
Melbourne Australia
Yesterday without knowing they were changing production Facilities to the US I also criticised the lack of a sports SXS yet but also recognised the Viking as the Rhino replacement. I also stated that I recognised that the Viking was a vehicle already designed and tooled while Yamaha were in court in case they were ordered to stop production of the Rhino, that they would have another product immediately in the market place, its called contingency planning. But if the Rhino is still a big selling product in its demographic why would they put the product through massive change?? They havent as we all realise, it is favorably the same to current Rhino users to upgrade to.

Yamaha aren't as stupid as some people would make them out to be and I don't know why anyone would knock a foriegn company investing in making jobs in a industry (vehicles) that has suffered massive job losses in the past 5-6 years in the US, that the company profits go to Yamaha corporate HQ is not a given when Yamaha US if a full subsidiary and not NOT Yamaha Japan so as of yet every $$ an American or someone overseas who buys a Viking or any other Yamaha ATV into the US account. What this does do is put EVERY dollar that used to go to Japan now goes into US accounts to be Taxed in the US like every other US company before it moves. Ridiculous that anyone would think thats a bad thing for the US or the ATV's of all kinds including SXS's.

Now that I have seen that Yamaha is transferring production to the US I fully understand why they are not spending any money in Japan to make new production lines when they are about to do that in the US so sit on your hands kids... things will come and quickly when they get set up.

I said yesterday they have had plenty of time to plan a new sports model and for all I know they probably have BUT NOW, I know why it isnt in production, because they arent going to make it until they are on US soil.

So instead of worrying about the Viking rejoice on the increase in jobs and ATV manufacturing in the US and that you will have another US built SXS when they layout the factory! ;)

onemooretime

Apr 12, 2012
Lakewood, CA
Its pretty funny.. the members there either don't care, are blind, or are oblivious to the double standard. FJK is the Obama of forum moderators!
I'm a member on that forum because I have an XP900.

What I notice is that that forum is setup as an outlet for product. It's setup by venders for venders.

just my II cent

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS CHANGE THE MOTOR and they could have hit a home run...I dont need another Rhino.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
LOL , I guess the Yamaha Commemorative Liberace Piano would not have Been a Gay as that thing, Hehehehe. :D

Beach Leo

Way-Good
Mar 6, 2011
Mt Shasta & Mt Diablo
Something to think about and/or remember, pretty much this UTV craze all started when some creative and innovative people started putting long travel and rear seats in a farm utility vehicle not designed or intended to be used in the manner they were used. In fact are still used today. I am pretty sure Yamaha designed what they felt would corner the utility vehicle market with no intention of hitting a sport market. They only provided the best platform to modify. The rest was on us. Thus I feel they haven't changed their original mission to be a strong player in the Utility market and are probably relieved the Rhino is no longer bought to be modified. If they chose to compete in the performance SxS market, Yamaha would be a serious player. I was really hoping this year, but when I really think about it, I doubt we will ever see it. My $.02
Way-Good Take Steve

Never thought of it that way

How-ever I am very baffled as to why that one of leaders in sport-bikes

Has not gotten into Sport SxS

We as of yet do-not have a Japanese company that has produced one

sport SxS

They copy and make every thing else

Why not a Sport SxS?

The Yamaha Grand Piano is a copy of Steinway Grand Piano

Every-bit as good as a Stienway

Common since tells me they will for certain Copy the X-P, Wildcat or Maverick

May-be all Three knowing the Japanese Company's

And yes us Dumb Downed Americans will line up to buy-em

While Our American Company's Go Tits up

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
Because the market this is aimed at (farmers, workers) don't use the internet

good point :p

I still don't know how many farmers will go for the underpowered Viking over the Polaris xp rangers... unless they are strictly Yamaha fans

I cant wait to see a long travel kit on one of these.. with it already being wider if they get 14-15" of travel out of it its gunna be the width of a dually truck

poolguy311

Sep 19, 2011
Landscatter,CA
They want the best side x side out there then they need to hire people like me who raced the rhino, won a bunch and got nothing from them. We are the people keeping them even slightly in business. You want to build a winning side x side Yamaha? You better start talking to the driver's! What you brought to the table is a joke!

holeshot

May 20, 2010
so cal
I'm a member on that forum because I have an XP900.

What I notice is that that forum is setup as an outlet for product. It's setup by venders for venders.

just my II cent

100% truth. That forum is part of a web of forums owned by a corporation. Its a money making machine. Moderators are employees. Good postings are constantly deleted because a non paying business is mentioned unintentionally. Dont get me started on FJK, nazi hunters will find him eventually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000