ZBroz Stage 3 Shock Upgrade Kit for XP1K

cjs951

Jul 15, 2015
Curious if anyone has used this kit or has any reviews on it?

http://zbrozracing.com/zbroz-polaris-rzr-1000-xp-xp-4-utv-stage-3-valving-and-spring-kit

I searched around for some reviews of this kit but came up fairly empty handed. For the amount of stuff it comes with, it's hard to pass up the deal. It sounds similar to a DIY version of the shock therapist "ride improvement system." I'm mainly unsure of the quality of the stuff and how well it handles in the end. I'm no stranger to pulling shocks apart and rebuilding them. I'd prefer to do all the work myself (which is where my interest stems from for this kit). And doesn't appear from my searches that anyone wants to give up the proper spring rates and valve stack numbers to make stock shocks work better. Trying not to spend the $4k on the fox 2.5/3.0 fancy setup lol. Anyway, any word on how well this setup works? Thanks! Oh and my rzr is a 2015 2 seater

C_Landd

Nov 19, 2015
Hemet, Ca
Curious if anyone has used this kit or has any reviews on it?

I searched around for some reviews of this kit but came up fairly empty handed. For the amount of stuff it comes with, it's hard to pass up the deal. It sounds similar to a DIY version of the shock therapist "ride improvement system." I'm mainly unsure of the quality of the stuff and how well it handles in the end. I'm no stranger to pulling shocks apart and rebuilding them. I'd prefer to do all the work myself (which is where my interest stems from for this kit). And doesn't appear from my searches that anyone wants to give up the proper spring rates and valve stack numbers to make stock shocks work better. Trying not to spend the $4k on the fox 2.5/3.0 fancy setup lol. Anyway, any word on how well this setup works? Thanks! Oh and my rzr is a 2015 2 seater
Pretty interested in this also. This one caught my eye because of what you get for the money, but I haven't come across anyone running their kit. In the mean time i bough the 4 seater front tenders and put them on the front of my 2 seater and swapped the stock front tenders to the rear. Its far from perfect, but its definitely an improvement over stock.

Louisk

Oct 10, 2013
George White at Double E Racing is the man you want to talk to about this kit. He does great work with the XP1K shocks and I'm pretty sure he's perfected the kit above and he's also a Z Bros dealer. He does our XC shocks and also has great results in the desert with S3 powersports and other teams as well.

Reactions: shane88

cjs951

Jul 15, 2015
George White at Double E Racing is the man you want to talk to about this kit. He does great work with the XP1K shocks and I'm pretty sure he's perfected the kit above and he's also a Z Bros dealer. He does our XC shocks and also has great results in the desert with S3 powersports and other teams as well.
I'll have to see if I can get in contact with him somehow. I really wish there was more online about the kit, reviews or anything at all. But for the price I think I'm willing to be the Guinea pig, more than likely going to order the kit mid January.

nobull

Jul 12, 2013
George is the Best. Jus look at all the winners he builds for and all the different environments they race in. They wouldn't be winners without suspension. You can have the baddest mofo on the planet, But if it wont handle, its a useless pile of parts

cjs951

Jul 15, 2015
Thanks for the help guys. I actually found some reviews of the stage 3 kit on rzrforums.net. Everything was very positive about it, and zbroz is a site sponsor over there so they offer 10% off. I'll be ordering it as soon as the HMF exhaust I have sells. Going to try and contact George as well to pick his brain

cjs951

Jul 15, 2015
Ordered the kit! Hope to have it soon! I also was able to talk to George from double e, very cool guy and pretty helpful! He uses parts of the zbroz kit but his setups are a little more custom. He said he helped put the kit together for zbroz and dial it in for them. Overall it sounds like I should be happy with it, I'm sure it'll be leaps and bounds better than stock. I'll report back when I get it in the mail

cjs951

Jul 15, 2015
Showed up from FedEx on Wednesday! Everything looks pretty nice! Just have to get some time to pull the shocks off and do everything. Have a huge pile of parts for my rzr snd no time to work on any of it

Reactions: C_Landd

cjs951

Jul 15, 2015
Finally got everything put together. Haven't had much free time this year so far. Overall the install wasn't too bad. The instructions that come with them are kinda vague, especially if you have never built a shock in your life. Luckily George from double E was able to answer all my questions and help me out. The ride height is a lot higher than stock, even with the preload nut only touching the top spring and not cranked down. Going out this weekend to test it out and see how it does! Here's a couple pics

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
How does it ride?

Did you drive it to let the ride height settle after letting the jack down? If you did, they run a pretty heavy rate.

cjs951

Jul 15, 2015
It rides pretty damn good! Way better than stock for sure. There's a ton more compression in the shock. Doesn't bottom out on anything anymore. The ride height settled some but there is still no preload in the springs and it's still higher than stock. I actually really like how it sits now. The front sagged a ton before and would drag over everything. I still plan on playing with the set up and get it dialed in better. Right now the rear compression adjuster are all the way on soft, and the front is 2 clicks off from all the way soft. Overall I would recommend the kit

Reactions: Rynomx785

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Nice looking rig!

I dig that front bumper and the lights mounted to it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000