2014 Parker 250 results and stories

Desert Toyz Cory S

DeSeRt ToYz RhInO - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 23, 2009
This was the largest UTV field ever to race BITD, 33 UTV's started. Please post your story, or a brief description of what happened. Thx

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
We at one gear racing had a good race we were nervous to race Parker having never raced it befor and not knowing the course wasn't really sure what to expect. Knowing there was 30 some utv's starting in the field made it even that much more nerve racking knowing there would be a lot of really good competition. We were first off the line and out major goal was to finish the race and the second was to place well.. We started very very easy and conservative (maybe a little to conservative) we were quickly caught by the Perkins dirt car and shortly after the holz racing car. We quickly realized how tough the second half of the course was and slowed down to just get through it... We had lost some time but hadn't broke so that was a good thing... At around mile marker 68 the 1917 Murray car was on its side so we stopped to help them right there car by pulling then over with a strap. We lost approx 10-15 minutes here but that's all good cause I would hope someone would help us if we were in the same situation... We got back on the road and went in for our first pit. Our team kicked ass and got us fuel and a full check on the car and back in the road in 43 seconds... On the second lap there was little to no dust so I decided to hammer down and we pushed the car pretty hard to make up some time were we could but yet still take care of the car.. We stopped again at mid way just to have the guys do a quick check befor the super rough second half again.. I changed the way we drove the second half by going a bit faster and splitting a lot of the deep groves in the road and help a lot.. We ended up 4th overall almost exactly 10 minutes behind 3rd.. I was very happy with all the hard work our team ( aka family and friends ) put in at the pits and helping us prepare for the race and to out sponsors, lonestar racing, Itp tires, queen racing motors, fabwerx and everyone else who helped us get the car dialed and were it is today... View attachment 11536

Attachments

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Congrats 1915 on your strong finish!

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
great job kevin.starting 1st had to be very nerve wrecking.glad to see you had a good race.thats the type of racing that will put you at the top of the points in the end.keep up the good work .TONY

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com
Car #1929 here, Team Rally on the Rocks.
What a great course, fast and technical, tested every part of our car.
There aren't enough words to describe our race experience. It's hard to come home, everything else seems boring!
Cant wait for the final results to be posted, thinking we got a top ten.
I'd like to hear from some of the seasoned racers, how does Parker compare to what we'll see at the Mint and SS?

Attachments

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
The comparison of what's ahead isn't really similar. With the Mint you first need to know that the Mint track can possibly differ each year. Looking back on last year the Mint track contains a 100 mile loop which contains the Henderson race course essentially. Henderson is fast paced hard packed w minimal washes. A lot of power line road and lake beds w some big whoop sections w length. When you add to the Mint race track you add in the rock garden from parker and and a lot more wash sections. Mint is brutal with its length, rocks and whoops. Silver state is honestly 90% graded gravel roads that is WRC type racing.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
They have not been posted online yet. Awards were Saturday at the BlueWater w some results posted I believe.

Jersey Motorsports

Feb 18, 2013
It was a great time once again. We had zero test time on the new clutch setup. We ended up putting it together after tech Friday night. We were limited to 50 mph. (1) flat and smoked (1) belt. We were happy to finish.
Not sure where we came in. Did anyone get any pics of our #1928 car?

Thanks

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Avid racing had a really good few weeks leading up to Parker.. Our new ADS shock really made the car so much better...we started off 9th... as this was the first race with my new co-driver..and totally new suspension the plan was to take it easy and get a feel for the car and let my new co get a feel for his role...we let a couple of the top guys get by us early.. car was feeling great...started picking up the pace getting into the top 5 running.. I cant get over how much better the car handled.. night and day from where we use to be.. so much better in the rough stuff that I probably just over drove the car.. going the rock garden I pushed it too hard and the cars steering rack started to go away.. was able to nurse to just before getting to python but it grenaded completely at RM 74... and then to my total disappointment.. the wrong spare rack was brought.. we did bring a rack to the car but it wasn't modified to use the new clevis/ties rods on the car....uggg... so a DNF for us- a total disappointment for us as otherwise the car rocked. Another lesson learned the hard way. See you all at the Mint!

Factory UTV

FUTV - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Sacramento Ca
www.factoryutv.net
We at one gear racing had a good race we were nervous to race Parker having never raced it befor and not knowing the course wasn't really sure what to expect. Knowing there was 30 some utv's starting in the field made it even that much more nerve racking knowing there would be a lot of really good competition. We were first off the line and out major goal was to finish the race and the second was to place well.. We started very very easy and conservative (maybe a little to conservative) we were quickly caught by the Perkins dirt car and shortly after the holz racing car. We quickly realized how tough the second half of the course was and slowed down to just get through it... We had lost some time but hadn't broke so that was a good thing... At around mile marker 68 the 1917 Murray car was on its side so we stopped to help them right there car by pulling then over with a strap. We lost approx 10-15 minutes here but that's all good cause I would hope someone would help us if we were in the same situation... We got back on the road and went in for our first pit. Our team kicked ass and got us fuel and a full check on the car and back in the road in 43 seconds... On the second lap there was little to no dust so I decided to hammer down and we pushed the car pretty hard to make up some time were we could but yet still take care of the car.. We stopped again at mid way just to have the guys do a quick check befor the super rough second half again.. I changed the way we drove the second half by going a bit faster and splitting a lot of the deep groves in the road and help a lot.. We ended up 4th overall almost exactly 10 minutes behind 3rd.. I was very happy with all the hard work our team ( aka family and friends ) put in at the pits and helping us prepare for the race and to out sponsors, lonestar racing, Itp tires, queen racing motors, fabwerx and everyone else who helped us get the car dialed and were it is today... View attachment 11536
Congrats on the strong finish!

Jersey Motorsports

Feb 18, 2013
Official Results Pro

1---1919--3.37.42
2---1934--3.49.02
3---1904--3.53.18
4---1915--4.03.45
5---1938--4.17.26
6---1902--4.20.03
7---1929--4.28.02
8---1949--4.53.35