All Terrain Tires

droptchevy

Twisted SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 9, 2009
I just found out after running 95.5 mph in my rhino that my tires were only rated @50. Im looking for something new. I was thinking of going the all terrain route. I know bfg doesnt make them anymore, but general tire and i think a few others have a 27" at.

Im looking for opinions on handling, i have read they dont give enough and the sidewalls may be a problem for off road abuse. I want to run a beadlock rim, but i also read that a utv beadlock doesnt work well with a non utv tire.

What are my options?

-Stick with my 12" beadlocks i have now and run a big horn ( If they are rated to 100 mph)?
-Are there any auto beadlocks that will fit a rhino?Adapters?

I like the way the all terrains look but i know they are heavy also, so this may change my mind on this. Let me know what you guys think

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
Well the more research im doing im leaning towards getting some 26" big horns. They look like they have a R speed rating which is 106 mph. Sounds like the bfg's have been known to get flats. That and i wont have to buy new rims and i can run my 12" beadlocks

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
I dont think they speed rate offroad only tires. The R in the size for bighorns is for Radial. I dont think you need to worry about speed rating. Just buy a quality tire and run it. Bighorns, Baja Cross, etc. You are only at that high speed for a while, and the dirt does not create heat in a tire at speed the same way a long 95mph run on asphalt will.

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
also, I think the radial tires will be much safer at speed than the bias ply ATV tires. Also, something that is specifically designed for a SxS, rather than a utility quad, with the proper rate rating would be prefered.

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
When i searched about the bfgs, i saw a few threads where people were saying the guys they knew that ran them were the ones getting flats. Could just be like everything else, where one person loves them, one hates them. I just dont want to spend a bunch of money to get new rims and tires, to find out they dont work well on a rhino. Corry mentioned she runs the ceros now rather than the big horns. Is anyone else using the maxxis ceros?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000