BAJA 500 thread

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Im starting ahead of you so no passing will be required .. do you call it a ute because yours is a Utility Terrain Experiment ? I know they keep you locked up telling you shit like you need to strip that minimav down to the frame ect ect but really some UTVs you can just go out and drive .. I did 4800 Miles across the United States in a pretty much stock RZR, it only required 1 belt change and a quick oil and air filter change .... whats nerfed ?
Hate to break the news Flyboy, but this aint no Pan-American road rally, and that over the counter crap aint gonna last in Baja:D! We're not sight seeing here, we're racing! Oh, and since you start ahead of us, a nerf is what you'll be feeling sometime before the Ojos road crossing 40 miles into the race when our "Minimav" is on your ass honking, and you don't oblige, causing an expression similar to this one::eek:!!!!

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
sounds like a good time for sure ....we be Racing ........ hey tell Marc if he sees me pulled over just honk as he goes past, no need to stop ill catch back up,;) im a smoker and I dont like smoking while im sitting ontop of 18 Gallons of RZR Rocket Fuel

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
Oh ya I dont know the roads well but you guys can just go around me after the start, Im going to try and go slow thru that muddy wash so I dont get my RZR dirty

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
sounds like a good time for sure ....we be Racing ........ hey tell Marc if he sees me pulled over just honk as he goes past, no need to stop ill catch back up,;) im a smoker and I dont like smoking while im sitting ontop of 18 Gallons of RZR Rocket Fuel
That's ironic, because he was going to make a stop in Valley T for a taco break at his favorite taco stand ! Let me see, RM 330 hmmm.......Yeah, he should have at least a 1/2 hour cushion by then.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
:eek:WELL JOHNNY, IT LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A BET:eek:!
A cool grand that says our car beats yours to the finish line at this years Baja 500, and finishes within the allotted time as set forth by SCORE. The bet is between your UTV Inc. car, and our Monster Energy/MB Motorsports Can-am Maverick. We can give the cash to a 3rd party on Friday (contingency) to hold for us, or we can go by our word and pay off the victor after the race. Either way is fine with me. I get the feeling that you have plenty of scratch, so no worries here!

Marc's not wearing anything in V2R as a consequence of losing in Baja, so that part of your offer is a no go.

So, if the bet sounds good to you, then your reply will be your handshake, just as this post represents mine. Good luck, and thanks for being a good sport about my posts:D!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
BTW, Marc said that he will be passing you by RM20! He also says that from RM 70 to RM 170 is wide open terrain. As fast as your car can go, so advantage you, since our car barely clears 70 mph with the wind at our backs! But, it will be doing 70:eek: on corners that most others will be taking at 55-60:(. Marc says maybe 40 +mph average speeds for this race.

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
Sounds like this Racing thing will be good times ... ive been passed three times and the race hasn't started sounds like ill be easy prey .. this shit is gona be like taking candy from Babies for you guys ... The true Baja Pros in the MiniMav VRS the Posers in a pretty much stock RZR with a Race Cage

Hell ya I am in :D

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Sounds like this Racing thing will be good times ... ive been passed three times and the race hasn't started sounds like ill be easy prey .. this shit is gona be like taking candy from Babies for you guys ... The true Baja Pros in the MiniMav VRS the Posers in a pretty much stock RZR with a Race Cage

Nothing like knowing you're competition before you talk smack right?:eek:

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul

Money bags says he's IN! :cool: Yeah br brrr. Frothy German beer coming my way:D:D:D!

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
I have been away in Moab goofing off and having a bunch of fun!
Today I come back and find that someone has hacked BAMAV's computer and is posting for him! LOL I like the new Reid! Good Stuff!

Play time is over for us... we have to get the 1932 ready to go, and I have been missing me some Tacos!

Any room in this 1k bet for the JX car? I need to think about it. That' a lot of tacos if we loose :D ..... But if we win??? Dayum!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I have been away in Moab goofing off and having a bunch of fun!
Today I come back and find that someone has hacked BAMAV's computer and is posting for him! LOL I like the new Reid! Good Stuff!

Play time is over for us... we have to get the 1932 ready to go, and I have been missing me some Tacos!

Any room in this 1k bet for the JX car? I need to think about it. That' a lot of tacos if we loose :D ..... But if we win??? Dayum!
Bill, thanks for the kind words. I'll ask Marc if there's room in his wallet for ten more c-notes! Ha hee:rolleyes:! He's in Mexico, and should be back tomorrow night. Yours is the team in our cross hairs, and I would be surprised if he does not accept. I'm not allowed to have money (or sharp objects), otherwise I would be happy to oblige you! Are you only racing the 1932 at the 500? I ask for clarity so we know who and how many the challenge is with. This is a crucial race for us 3 teams (the Murray's included). It will be exciting to say the least. It appears that without the summit, and the amount of flat roads thrown in this year, that you carry the advantage, based on top speed. The avg. mph could very well see the mid 40's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000