Biggest UTV race of 2012 - Mint 400 - Official Thread

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
51 day until the biggest UTV desert race of the year: The Mint 400! Woot...woot! Can we get over 30 UTV's? If you ever wanted to race a SxS in the desert this is the one. So who is in?

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Our Reservation money has been sent... we have tore the Commander down to just a frame with the intent of making a number of major improvements...hope to have it all back together in time...the race to have it finished in time has begun!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Our Reservation money has been sent... we have tore the Commander down to just a frame with the intent of making a number of major improvements...hope to have it all back together in time...the race to have it finished in time has begun!
Awesome ML! What are you doing to your hot rod?
Can't wait till the Mint!

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Awesome ML! What are you doing to your hot rod?
Can't wait till the Mint!
Just to keep up with Jagged we are installing a small block Chevy to start... new shocks with 20" in clearance and cutting 200lbs of tubing out of the car...

okay in reality.. moving the dif back about 3.5 inches which requires all new trailing arms...relocating the fuel tank (about 8 inches lower) which will require a whole new exhaust system...and thats just a start- pretty ambitious for so little time left- lastly we hoping to have the car wrapped with a whole new look...but that is seriously last on the list..Look foward to seeing everybody out there! who's throwing the BBQ this time??

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
To go.... or not to go.....

Mint 400, Vegas, Biggest race of the year, 30 great utvs, 200 miles of challenging desert, Fremont St Downtown experience, all the hype, media, UTVs lined up racing with the Trucks and buggys for the first time for the Mint, opportunity to pass some "faster classes", the possibility of a podium finish at the Famous Mint 400, did I forget Vegas.....

I guess we are in.

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
Raber Racing 1955 DSR1 will be there. The $$ is in. I will not reveal all the cards but I will say the car is bare now and getting some significant improvements both mechanically and cosmetically.

I know there are several other DSR1 cars in the works and we should have some hefty competition. What a great year for the UTV racing industry.

I wonder who is going to make the first 1200cc UTV? I guess I will have to wait a year or two. When that happens the dry sump Busa is going in this car.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Super pumped on The Mint! I can't wait for this event to get here. My wife will be helping the staff (Mad Media) on data entry and I will be mobbing the events taking pics and filming. We are staying in the middle of the madness at The Golden Nugget. So excited for The Mint 400!

HDRA1

old buggy dork - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 3, 2010
Las Vegas nv
We are in for the mint also . As for a BBQ we have A new sponsor that builds BBQ's and will be on display and cooking we are working out the details now all donations will go to FAST-Aid so please come on by

apexin

Apr 15, 2011
Arizona
So is the Nugget the place to stay??? Looking for a place right in the action and nice. Not looking for cheap on this trip.

Suggestions?

Oh, and a Can Am Commander will be entered in the Pro class. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000