Kawasaki BilletKing Steering rack for my race Teryx

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
I didn't have time to upgrade the rack on my race Teryx before King of the Hammers, but I wanted to make sure I got this upgrade done before hitting the short course for the VORRA series. I went with a rack and upgraded tie rods from BilletKing.

The rack gear itself is machined from a round bar of 300M alloy steel, a full 7/8″ diameter on the standard unit and 1.0″ diameter on the super strength race rack. The gear is vacuum furnace heat treated to 280,000 psi tensile strength and then carbon nitride plasma coated to increase tooth strength and to give corrosion resistance.

Here is the BilletKing rack next to the OEM Teryx rack.

The rod end clevises are CNC machined from a block of chrome-molly steel and have locating lugs machined into the end that mate with slots in the rack gear to prevent the clevis from turning and to keep them vertical to the wheels. The clevises are bolted to the rack end with grade 12.9 metric allen head bolts and spring washers.

The rack is 20% quicker than OEM, so that will be really nice on the short course and in the rocks. I can't wait to try it out on March 21!

The complete high strength Teryx Steering assembly, rack & pinion, racing tie rod kit and all hardware retails for $859.99. Direct link to product:
BilletKing Off Road - Kawasaki Teryx

Billet King also makes racks for the Prowler and Rhino.

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
I've had one of these in my car for two races now and can't speak highly enough about the rack. That 20% increase makes a huge difference in speed and is worth the price alone, not to mention the increase in strength with the stronger rack.

You'll love this rack Jon!

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
It appears that the rack is longer from clevis to clevis then the stock rack. Is this true? If so did you measure the bumpsteer & what were the results?

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Interesting. I wonder if the rhino one is QuickEr than oem.

fyrfly6

Oct 25, 2009
Salt Lake
I think the rhino one is quicker. I have it on my rhino. Very nice upgrade and very nice owners of the company. They have a regular version and a heavy duty race version for the rhino...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000