BITD Email to UTV Racers. Please Read and Respond ASAP

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
im racing lol I dont give a shit whats under your hood !! lmao Proud is the word of the day ... proud you got points for finishing a race you didnt even start ..tow me to pit 3 and ill get it fixed lol get fucking real your not allowed to talk of being proud your second place in points and you didnt even start the fucking race lol YOU BE PROUD
I see why your mad, If you do throw away race cognito is in first for points.

the stripping shop

Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
I have heard rumors there is a re-gear kit that changes the transmission gearing that the factory guys can get? That true or aloud in BITD? I heard a short course guys got busted with it. (Could be a complete lie) just curious if it was aloud because that could be a huge advantage to if you could get your hands on it with a N/A car
No rule about re-gearing utv in BITD

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I have heard rumors there is a re-gear kit that changes the transmission gearing that the factory guys can get? That true or aloud in BITD? I heard a short course guys got busted with it. (Could be a complete lie) just curious if it was aloud because that could be a huge advantage to if you could get your hands on it with a N/A car
There would be no advantage against the power a turbo makes in a desert race. You would lose 10-20 mph top end depends on the gear. Short course is different you will never need to see 65 mph.

the stripping shop

Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
There would be no advantage against the power a turbo makes in a desert race. You would lose 10-20 mph top end depends on the gear. Short course is different you will never need to see 65 mph.
I bet if you added some more boost to make about 20hp you could pull a longer gear I would say about 7-9% overdrive without killing bottom end. It would put you in the 90's without over rev motor.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
polaris and can-am both have gearing ability. you can gear them lower and higher.

the turbo cars have enough power to pull the higher gearing. we have been 100mph in the turbo SxS already.

the N/A cars mostly need a lower gear, to help pull all the weight. i know of a few race teams that run taller gearing in the N/A cars trying to squeeze top speed out of them, BUT it really seems to hurt the N/A cars because it puts the clutch under too much load, by putting the machine in too high of a gear ratio, and leads to excessive belt temps. the N/A cars run more efficient with stock gearing, or the lower gearing. dont hurt the top speeds, and takes a lot of load off the clutch, along with a lot of heat off the clutch.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I'm going to throw in my .02 because I might come out and play once or twice in 2016, in my N/A "shifter" car.....

What racing organization anywhere allows Turbos to race with N/A cars? (except in an open/unlimited class?) The fact that this is even being argued is a little weird from someone outside looking in......and wanting to put a manual trans, N/A car that is under the 1000cc limit into an Unlimited class just because you have to manually shift it is also weird. Now a "manual trans" somehow bumps a vehicle into Unlimited??

To me it's pretty simple. Pro Production = N/A 1000cc Production UTVs (doesn't matter if it's manual or CVT) Open Pro = Production Turbo cars, aftermarket turbo production cars, modified motor production cars. Sportsman = everything else as long as it has a motor and looks like a UTV

If someone wants to race Pro Production, don't race a turbo. If someone wants to race Turbo, then race Open Pro. Everyone has that choice.......

Best wishes on getting this figured out so everyone can go have some fun in 2016!
THIS... and what Jagged Said.. Thats what I think is best..

Reactions: rockstarcustomz

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
XP 4 turbo pretty much erases any doubt that a two seat NA car can be competitive in the turbo class. That wouldn't be a spanking it be a beat down.
Not sure why you feel that way. Look at what jagged has done, holz has done, Murray's used to do, kiger has done, Simms has done, carver, and more, all in 2 seaters

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: facteryfmf

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
XP 4 turbo pretty much erases any doubt that a two seat NA car can be competitive in the turbo class. That wouldn't be a spanking it be a beat down.
Bunches of N/A two seater cars are already beating 4 seat Turbo cars at every race. I'll say it again . 1 pro production class and one Amateur class. Let the pros race what they want and keep the amateur class N/A. There should only be one Pro class to keep all the top teams racing each other.

Last edited:

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
but not running against a 4 seat turbo! look at the demanding lead S3 had on the whole field at V2R. all you N/A cars are pretty much F'd racing against them. you're racing for 2nd, or hoping they break down. when johnny has all the bugs worked out of his turbo 2 seater, you are all pretty much F'd again. a fast charging dude in a superior'ly fast car, and you all the N/A cars are pretty much racing for 3rd. or hoping one of the turbo guys breaks. throw in a few others like Sappington and Murrays in their new turbo builds who if they dont break can outrun any N/A car on the market. a few of these turbo 4 seater XPs get on the track and the N/A cars can pretty much hang it up. all of the faults in the N/A XP1000 are pretty much fixed in the XPTurbo. the clutches run way more efficient since they are a larger diameter and under less loads, the driveline wont take a crap on you every race and need to re completely replaced, the hubs are bigger and stronger, the driveline is way tougher. the motor has enough power to pull some stupid MPH when its re-geared to pull taller top speeds. when these cars come humming by your N/A car is that a fair race? nope. every single privateer or even sponsored N/A guy who is trucking along at their fastest 75mph pace wide open, and a turbo car comes humming by you at 95mph in a dry lake bed next year at V2R are you sure you're gonna say thats a fair race? you all will be butt hurt that a turbo car with enough power to pull 95mph came by you when you were wide open doing all of about 78mph trucking along. and when a team puts up a perfect race next year at V2R and has a 1 hour lead on 2nd place, is that fair? cause with 40 miles to go from the finish line, S3 had over 30 min lead on 2nd place. and nearly a 45 min lead on 3rd place. folks got butt hurt because Wayne Matlock whipped up on everybody at the Imperial valley race two weeks ago with his 30+ minute lead. thats in an N/A car with a good driver and no failures and 75mph top speed. what you think he will be able to do next year with a turbo car, that has the ability to run 95mph. you guessed it, 1 hour lead in a 250 mile race. stretch that out over the course of a 400+ mile race and you have a car thats capable of those speeds.... you are going to see a lot of folks get extremely hurt and take their football and go home and not come back racing cause they cant dare compete with that kinda speed.

Reactions: Ignore Amos

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Hmm your in a 4 seater because you need the truck space? Lol I could be wrong but the two seat NA car can't hang w the 4 seat in certain situations and vice versa I guess. I'm conflicted cuz I've always raced smaller more nimble bikes just my style but courses were more technical. Desert racing not as technical so I'm leaning to more hp matters and in a 4 seater it's more stable. I wouldn't want to run my two seater 90 mph in silt. I've seen other two seaters back off in similar conditions as well.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Hmm your in a 4 seater because you need the truck space? Lol I could be wrong but the two seat NA car can't hang w the 4 seat in certain situations and vice versa I guess. I'm conflicted cuz I've always raced smaller more nimble bikes just my style but courses were more technical. Desert racing not as technical so I'm leaning to more hp matters and in a 4 seater it's more stable. I wouldn't want to run my two seater 90 mph in silt. I've seen other two seaters back off in similar conditions as well.
Remember, not all 2 seat builds are created equal. Same goes for 4 seat builds.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: kornfed

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
I see why your mad, If you do throw away race cognito is in first for points.
im not really mad and I love racing with fierce competitors such as Cognito I really dont like that they discredit a win in a turbo car vrs non turbo car ... a win is a win if it was allowed in the rules just like being towed ya it sucks and not how any of us wana race but it was allowed ... I have much respect for anybody racing desert as I know first hand how hard it is just to finish a race ...

and I did Vote for two classes because I want to start in the front of all the none turbo cars lol

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
i dont drive any of them. i wouldnt spend a quarter million dollars to go out and race for $2500. although i will be glad to work on clutches for guys that wanna do it! but after testing with many teams and doing the work we have been doing over the years i can say without a shadow of a doubt, in almost every race, the 4 seater is a more stable platform. in V2R if you ran out front again, in front of the trucks, you would want a light 2 seater. capable of 90mph, and get out front and run away from everyone on the long straights.

now, running after the trucks, you are doing yourself a dis-service in a 2 seater cause you are gonna get beat up. no way around it. the shorter wheel base is much rougher in the desert running a course after the trucks.

back in feb i spent the week after the trophy truck race in parker AZ testing the Maverick Turbos. can-am had 2seat and 4seaters out there and we were testing them and doing things with them. there was a shock guy, suspension guy, motor guy, drivers, ect. shock guy was doing shocks on each machine making them run good in the rough stuff. even though the machines were dialed in, running the parker course the week after the trucks had their race, it was brutal. literally beat you to death. the 4 seater was the only one that made it even remotely bearable. the 2 seater was pounding the snot out of me. it would make you not drive it hard because it was all over the place. you obviously couldnt run it hard in the same places the 4 seater was running nearly wide open. rough stuff, wheel base is king. short fast stuff like UTV WC would be a 2 seater kinda place though. fast, 90mph capable, and run out front.

Reactions: Ignore Amos

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
but not running against a 4 seat turbo! look at the demanding lead S3 had on the whole field at V2R. all you N/A cars are pretty much F'd racing against them. you're racing for 2nd, or hoping they break down. when johnny has all the bugs worked out of his turbo 2 seater, you are all pretty much F'd again. a fast charging dude in a superior'ly fast car, and you all the N/A cars are pretty much racing for 3rd. or hoping one of the turbo guys breaks. throw in a few others like Sappington and Murrays in their new turbo builds who if they dont break can outrun any N/A car on the market. a few of these turbo 4 seater XPs get on the track and the N/A cars can pretty much hang it up. all of the faults in the N/A XP1000 are pretty much fixed in the XPTurbo. the clutches run way more efficient since they are a larger diameter and under less loads, the driveline wont take a crap on you every race and need to re completely replaced, the hubs are bigger and stronger, the driveline is way tougher. the motor has enough power to pull some stupid MPH when its re-geared to pull taller top speeds. when these cars come humming by your N/A car is that a fair race? nope. every single privateer or even sponsored N/A guy who is trucking along at their fastest 75mph pace wide open, and a turbo car comes humming by you at 95mph in a dry lake bed next year at V2R are you sure you're gonna say thats a fair race? you all will be butt hurt that a turbo car with enough power to pull 95mph came by you when you were wide open doing all of about 78mph trucking along. and when a team puts up a perfect race next year at V2R and has a 1 hour lead on 2nd place, is that fair? cause with 40 miles to go from the finish line, S3 had over 30 min lead on 2nd place. and nearly a 45 min lead on 3rd place. folks got butt hurt because Wayne Matlock whipped up on everybody at the Imperial valley race two weeks ago with his 30+ minute lead. thats in an N/A car with a good driver and no failures and 75mph top speed. what you think he will be able to do next year with a turbo car, that has the ability to run 95mph. you guessed it, 1 hour lead in a 250 mile race. stretch that out over the course of a 400+ mile race and you have a car thats capable of those speeds.... you are going to see a lot of folks get extremely hurt and take their football and go home and not come back racing cause they cant dare compete with that kinda speed.

A big lead means nothing unless you finish. Just sayin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
but when they finish, like wayne just did with such a demanding lead, which will likely get stretched out even greater with a comparable 4 seat turbo version. remember the stink back at the MINT because S3 won on a turbo car, buy like 2 minutes? you dont think there would have been a shit storm if they won V2R by 40+mins? there would have been protesting like you've never seen. Just because they didnt finish, nobody paid any attention. BUT if they HAD finished with such a demanding lead there would have been riots.

Reactions: 450grl and COGNITO

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
but when they finish, like wayne just did with such a demanding lead, which will likely get stretched out even greater with a comparable 4 seat turbo version. remember the stink back at the MINT because S3 won on a turbo car, buy like 2 minutes? you dont think there would have been a shit storm if they won V2R by 40+mins? there would have been protesting like you've never seen. Just because they didnt finish, nobody paid any attention. BUT if they HAD finished with such a demanding lead there would have been riots.
Thats pretty funny! I forgot all about that but your right there was little public applause and a lot of muttering behind the scenes about the turbo not being fair etc. I remember thinking Sims had just received a huge amount of publicity for winning utvwc and it was just a short race nothing like the Mint 400 and these guys got practically squat. Whats less cool than coming from Louisiana and winning a huge desert race in a Can Am turbo. Now many of the same guys are now saying a turbo isn't a cheater car......as it was called.

I don't remember Johnny crying the blues then and since has never said a turbo was NOT an advantage. At least the guy is honest and admits he's out to win using every advantage the rules allow him.....nothing wrong with that. The operative word here is the rules and I believe the guy has never nerfed his way thru the pack and still finishes on top. Oh yeah then he got dinged for having a smaller support tube and rumors were swirling..... like having four foot of .083 tube is some kind of edge but now a turbo isn't.

I was never a fan because he out spent me on his car and out drove me and out crewed me and the only time I came close to passing him he was broke and then I broke just a mile away and its just not right to fuck with me like that. The fucker also predicted before the race that would happen and that really pissed me off even more!

the stripping shop

Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
im not really mad and I love racing with fierce competitors such as Cognito I really dont like that they discredit a win in a turbo car vrs non turbo car ... a win is a win if it was allowed in the rules just like being towed ya it sucks and not how any of us wana race but it was allowed ... I have much respect for anybody racing desert as I know first hand how hard it is just to finish a race ...

and I did Vote for two classes because I want to start in the front of all the none turbo cars lol
I still like the "R" rated answers better lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000