BITD/SCORE Fuel cell Harmon/Pyrotect/other

Ratoutahell

Sep 21, 2014
Western Colorado
Hey guys, Looking at getting a fuel cell legal for BITD/SCORE. I have found both Harmon and Pyrotect fuel cells. Pyrotect sells for $2600 and Harmon starts at $1900. Both 20 gallon capacity for 2-seater car.

I was curious if anyone can tell me the pro's and con's of either. I have generally found that cheaper is generally not better but curious what you guys are running. Any other options?

-Kyle

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Im not sure of the type of fuel cell but I'm pretty sure Lonestar Racing sells one. You might call them for info.

Ratoutahell

Sep 21, 2014
Western Colorado
Im not sure of the type of fuel cell but I'm pretty sure LSR sells one. You might call them for info.
Thanks, yeah LSR sells the Pyrotect fuel cell. Just curious what the difference is from the Harmon for the additional $700. I'll call them on Tuesday when they open if no one knows.

-Kyle

Bret901

Team South 1922
Apr 4, 2013
Memphis TN
Pyrotect has separate intank pump and collector box, must use an aftermarket return style regulator. Aftermarket fuel level sending unit.

Harmon's tank utilizes the stock fuel pump and hat assembly, which then uses stock wiring and plumbing, as well as the stock fuel level sending unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ratoutahell

Sep 21, 2014
Western Colorado
Pyrotect has separate intank pump and collector box, must use an aftermarket return style regulator. Aftermarket fuel level sending unit.

Harmon's tank utilizes the stock fuel pump and hat assembly, which then uses stock wiring and plumbing, as well as the stock fuel level sending unit.

Thanks Bret. So I thought according to BITD rules the fuel system had to remain stock as delivered from the factory? Are aftermarket fuel pumps and regulators allowed?

Per BITD rule book:
UTV
-
15 FD FUEL DELIVERY:
Pro Production UTV class
The fuel delivery system must remain the same as the
stock system delivered from the factory."

Thanks, Kyle

Bret901

Team South 1922
Apr 4, 2013
Memphis TN
Thanks Bret. So I thought according to BITD rules the fuel system had to remain stock as delivered from the factory? Are aftermarket fuel pumps and regulators allowed?

Per BITD rule book:
UTV
-
15 FD FUEL DELIVERY:
Pro Production UTV class
The fuel delivery system must remain the same as the
stock system delivered from the factory."

Thanks, Kyle
There's a lot of rules that don't make sense in that book, but yes aftermarket fuel pumps are allowed. Up until Harmon came out with their cell that was your only option.

Reactions: Ratoutahell

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000