bored throttle bodies

rhinodad

rhinodad
Mar 26, 2009
fort mohave az
has any one ran a bored throttle body on a rhino??
when do you decide that you need one? what kind of mods are required to run a bored throttle body and what kind of performance gains do you get out of it?? top end , mid range , low end i need some advice!! or is it worth the money?? is 1 to 3 mm that much when you figure c.f.m. rating?? has anyone done anything with the intake tube?? it makes sense to do something we have already done cam , fuel and exhaust work what about the throttle body and intake mods ?? have seen them for sale but nobody seems to be talking about it!! need input!!:eek:

Last edited:

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
I have a 660 so I not a 100% sure but seems the more air in and out of the motor is a good thing. If is has the same effect as a bored carb then you will get more low to mid. Hopefully someone else will chime in on this one for you

rhinodad

rhinodad
Mar 26, 2009
fort mohave az
just thinking most automotive (cars) they add camshafts , exhaust they also change the carb!!! wouldnt same principle apply??? remove the restrictions add hp!!:D

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
just thinking most automotive (cars) they add camshafts , exhaust they also change the carb!!! wouldnt same principle apply??? remove trhe restrictions add hp!!:D
It should, but without the ported head and bigger valves, and higher compression piston ( 11:1 pump gas) the gains will be minimal.

take a 600 holley on your Small Block and then change to a 750, not much difference really.

pronstar

President, LBC Chapter - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 28, 2009
The LBC
I got good results with a mild cam, valves and springs on my 660. I'd try this, a tune and an exhaust before you open the motor up and put a piston in...I'm sure a lot of guys on here would like to see what sort of power you make. I bet it would be substantial considering the power that Raptor 700's are making.

If you go the piston route then you may as well get some more displacement out of it while you're in there.

rhinodad

rhinodad
Mar 26, 2009
fort mohave az
what i am thinking if it would give you more hp with a stock bore its not a very expensive mod $200.00!!! way cheaper then the muzzys!!! easy bolt on hp!!:D trying to stay away from opening up the motor then its on!!!

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
Seems like no one really has any input on those so for 200 its not really going to brake you if it doesnt work. I would like to hear if it has any gains or if its just a wash. If you do it def give everyone some feedback on the pros and cons

rhinodad

rhinodad
Mar 26, 2009
fort mohave az
ok you guys made me call drf. i talked to one of the techs!!
he told me they are working on a intake for the throttle body but they have tested the bored throttle body on a stock engine with a fuel controller and their duel exhaust and got a seven hp gain out of the dyno test !!!! :D i still would like to hear from someone who has installed one and hear what they have to say????

Wasatch Quad

Wasatch You Sayin'? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Northern Utah
ok you guys made me call drf. i talked to one of the techs!!
he told me they are working on a intake for the throttle body but they have tested the bored throttle body on a stock engine with a fuel controller and their duel exhaust and got a seven hp gain out of the dyno test !!!! :D i still would like to hear from someone who has installed one and hear what they have to say????
They even added an exhaust, the reason is the engine will not pull more (air/ fuel) than it can efficiently push out (exhaust).
I really doubt you will see much gain if any with a bored throttle body by itself.

pronstar

President, LBC Chapter - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 28, 2009
The LBC
They even added an exhaust, the reason is the engine will not pull more (air/ fuel) than it can efficiently push out (exhaust).
I really doubt you will see much gain if any with a bored throttle body by itself.
x2
6.9 hp of that gain was the fuel controller and the exhaust.
0.1 hp of it came from the t-body

That's like saying "nitrogen in your tires will give you 50 hp. All we did was put a Rotax motor in, plus filled the tires with nitrogen."

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
I agree with 07fj on this one your flow wont be much diff. without opening up the head I know that there isnt a big diff. on the RZR without the head work the match.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000