All UTV's build progress

freeridemxatv

paging dr. faggot
Sep 7, 2009
salt lake city, utah
Well I have been working on dropping my seats and doing a chassis for about 4 months now. I have been just tacking the tubes in place and then I sent it to MD motorsports to have it tig welded. I do still have a few tubes to add in the bed section so that I can run a bench when not racing but for the most part the tube work is done. Oh, and need to add some more one in for my dash as the stock dash is coming out.

P.S. I have the preload backed off completely in the rear so I can check clearance for the bench so thats why its sitting funny.

Attachments

freeridemxatv

paging dr. faggot
Sep 7, 2009
salt lake city, utah
I better be! Been looking forward to it since last year. Definately check them out. Don is the man over there and redd laid down some killer welds on my chassis. Both of them have all but bent over backwards for me. If nothing else its just cool to stop by there shop and drool over the class 1's and misc cars/trucks there working on.

freeridemxatv

paging dr. faggot
Sep 7, 2009
salt lake city, utah
87 views and only one comment? Thought i'd atleast get a few questions like wheres the fuel cell or some criticism. Hopefully no news is good news. Got the new wheels and bighorns put on last night and its looking more and more desert ready everyday!

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
87 views and only one comment? Thought i'd atleast get a few questions like wheres the fuel cell or some criticism. Hopefully no news is good news. Got the new wheels and bighorns put on last night and its looking more and more desert ready everyday!
looks like you could have droped the over all height of that cage about 10+ inches. I thought that is the whole point to seat drops cages- low??

what kind of seats are those?

freeridemxatv

paging dr. faggot
Sep 7, 2009
salt lake city, utah
looks like you could have droped the over all height of that cage about 10+ inches. I thought that is the whole point to seat drops cages- low??

what kind of seats are those?

actually the reason for dropping the seats is to lower the center of gravity. The fact that the cage is a wee higher shouldnt matter. It really isnt much above my head, but I only dropped the seats about 5 inches so that I could still keep the bench in the rear with room for my 5 year old to still grow into it. Seats are just knockoffs I got from checker but they are real comfy and support nicely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000