Yamaha Clutch issues

Rhinohead

O-Side Rider - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 2, 2009
Oceanside
www.Gimpspeed.com
Clutch problems ?? Can anyone tell me why the rhino when idling jolts forward or backward when put into gear and wont come to a complete stop and disengage ?? it has a new belt, blue spring and 450 sheave weights, and i tried also lowering the idle rpms but with no luck ?? thanks

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
That's usally and sign of the rpms being to be high...is your choke stuck with isn't letting you get the rpm range where it should be ? If thats ok I would check the internal wet clutch and make sure your springs are good and make sure you dont have anything in the clutch pack which would prevent them from moving correctly

Rhinohead

O-Side Rider - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 2, 2009
Oceanside
www.Gimpspeed.com
Pulled the cover and it looks like the belt is riding high on the secondary sheave so the belt is tight ,, can i just ad the 2 screws to adj the secondary sheave ?? lowering the idle didnt work either .. I bet glamis is going off !!

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
Clutch problems ?? Can anyone tell me why the rhino when idling jolts forward or backward when put into gear and wont come to a complete stop and disengage ?? it has a new belt, blue spring and 450 sheave weights, and i tried also lowering the idle rpms but with no luck ?? thanks
Chris, thanks for the call today! As we discussed on the phone, the issue is the one way bearing. It is installed backwards. Let us know when you get it apart and back together what you find.
Have a great New Year!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000