All UTV's CPSC to make rules for UTVs

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
Can't imagine anything good coming out of this decision....

CPSC chairman Inez Tenenbaum issued the following statement:

"The need for federal rulemaking on ROVs is the consequence of not having a voluntary standard that effectively safeguards consumers. I have reviewed numerous death and injury reports tied to ROVs and I believe CPSC can play a vital role in making them safer. While we work on new safety rules for ROVs, I urge all riders and passengers to strap on a helmet, use the seat belt, know the terrain, and never allow anyone under 16 to drive these vehicles."
More details:
CPSC Announces Rulemaking for Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles (ROVs) : UTVWeekly.com

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Thanks for the heads up on this Jon, I think we all need to submit public comments, opposing these regulations. They rejected The Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Association's recommendations which should've been more than enough.

" The ANPR invites written comments from the public regarding the risks of injury associated with ROVs and ways in which these risks could be addressed. Following publication of the ANPR, the public will have 60 days to provide comments to the Commission. Comments can be submitted at www.regulations.gov "

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000