Did WORCS announce this slight change....

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Looks like i'm taking a Utah vacation! June 21-24 i'll be at Miller Motorsports Park for the Lucas Oil offroad race so I might as well stay the few days after the WORCS race and do some sight seeing! :cool:
If the sponsors come through we'll be doing the same thing. Chris, if you're into downhill MTB check out Deer Valley in Park City, some of the BEST groomed downhill trails Ive ever been on, something for every ability.

If you're into cross country the lodges to the west, (Cant remember thier names) have you covered.

karter44

2013 WORCS 850 CHAMPION
May 9, 2010
For me the race is the same distance going either way! Nicer drive to Utah then Cali

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
They didn't change dates. They changed location. And no. It is not common. I've never seen them do it.

And they swapped for our own good. Hungry valley could only supply 50,000 gallons of water. WORCS wants/needs 200,000 to fully prep and put on a race. It would have been a miserable dust bowl

All this info is in the press release on the WORCS ATV site homepage.

karter44

2013 WORCS 850 CHAMPION
May 9, 2010
Remember all of the changes WORCS has done this year for the SxS has been to our benifit! Now the first sign of change that does not seem benificial to us people are talking about bailing, that is horse shit!

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Whose bailing for those reasons you speak of chris ? For me this isnt the first sign of problems im not happy with.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Utah is actually a really nice place to race....at least for us, in June, it's really nice to get out of the heat and go somewhere different. Yes, it's a long haul, but it's still manageable. I was all bummed when it was on our LOORRS schedule at first, until I went....now it's one of those races I look forward to every year. Plus, you can drive like, a billion miles an hour on those freeways! :)

rhinoadick

Mar 1, 2010
Speed limit is 80mph so its not too bad of a drive.ISucks to be notified after the start of the season.
If you like mountain biking,and you have timE,..(deer valley) is awesome!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Joey, St George is the closest to fly into.

Gormon could most likely provide the amount of water required problem is its an SVRA in the Republic of Kalifornia and since were in a drought they probably have restrictions as to how much water they are allowed to provide per event. Just a guess but I bet Im pretty close on that plus dealing with the State has got to be a PITA. Glen Helen went through the same problem years ago, I forget how they got around it, I think it was a land transfer of some sort....

Problem is they (WORCS) need to be proactive and have someone spam the boards to help spread the word about changes, not wait for some a-hole like me to stumble upon and point it out ;), they need a Dirty*, I nominate Seaver.

The problem I see is the change presents a strain on the budget, the "How much time can I take off before my regular job starts to get pissed at me" budget. It will work out for us but I can see problems others, time will tell.

And back to the water thing, if that was 200,000 gallons at Primm the high desert of Central Utah is going to be dusty.

Central Utah, popluation 528 according to 2010 Census, has no idea what they're in for, I wouldnt miss it for the world.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000