Yamaha Dry Clutch Noise

Hobie164

Hobie164
Aug 25, 2009
Anaheim Hills, Ca
Just installed a Dry Clutch and it makes a clanking noise at idle. At first I thought something was touching it and bouncing off of it but it is clear. It drives and seems fine and I know they are loud. Is this normal or should I be concerned.

Do you have to grease the dry clutches at all.

Thanks

Hobie164

Hobie164
Aug 25, 2009
Anaheim Hills, Ca
I have a PDM sport. I know they are supposed to be noisy but just wanted to make sure. It is a clank, consistent which made me think it was something hitting it but it is not. I was wondering if it could be the weights clanking out I ran it up to full throttle and it doesnt do it there.

Hobie164

Hobie164
Aug 25, 2009
Anaheim Hills, Ca
The new Rhino. All powdercoated frame, built motor, dry clutch, CST 4" over LT kit with Walkers, 5 gallon Fuel Sale Cell, PWR Radiator, Empyre body kit. It is really a short course car which is why I went with the 4" over kit. It still works really well but is way more responsive than the 6" over kits. Turns great and doesn't drive as heavy. I am going to be making a buggy style aluminum hood and some sort of truggy style rear fenders for it. I am kind of over it being a Rhino and want it to be more of a custom build.

View attachment 1565

View attachment 1566

View attachment 1567

Attachments

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
I think I remember that style clutch having a rubber isolater that keeps everything quiet, but most racers remove them, as they are the first thing to fail when the clutch gets really hot when racing...

My Bronco clutch is pretty loud at idle too, seems to be louder than my PDM 4 arm race clutch was, even though it more covered...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000