Eclipse trailers, You Suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopar

Addicted - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bako So Cal

After fighting with the crappy Generac generator the first two day of vacation my trip ends with this, my 5 year old trailer with less that a dozen trips, falls apart on the freeway ride home... FYI this was an Eclipse Attitude 23' toyhauler...

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Eclipse doesnt make generators fyi......

I've had nothing but great dealings with Eclipse.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Eclipse Trailers are Entry Level at Best. They Suck. They Cut Corners Every Chance They Get. Cheesy Trailers
The Old Saying You Get What You Pay For is True, Sorry Man.
So Call your Insurance up File a Claim and they Might Total it Out. Thats About a 6g Job. Theres a few Places Around Riverside area to get Quotes from. Good Luck To Ya.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
120mph Towing + 50Mph Head wind. Its Not The Junk Trailer Builder Eclipse after all Its Your Lead Foot. Lol.

Mopar

Jan 15, 2009
Bako So Cal
Shit happens! That's why you have insurance! Call them and don't worry about the manufacturer!
Thats like having fenders falling of your brand new truck going down the freeway, and saying f**k it.... sorry im not that guy, i work hard for my money and dont have enough to throw around and just say shit happens.

I have however already contacted insurance, since ive had NO response from the emails, phone calls, and PMs ive sent to Eclipse MFG

Mopar

Jan 15, 2009
Bako So Cal
Eclipse doesnt make generators fyi......

I've had nothing but great dealings with Eclipse.
I know B, The generator MFG name is "Generac" but i guess with a name like that you shouldnt expect much. I was just venting my frustration on the quality, or lack therof, with the parts and materials used on Eclipse trailers.

Mopar

Jan 15, 2009
Bako So Cal
Eclipse Trailers are Entry Level at Best. They Suck. They Cut Corners Every Chance They Get. Cheesy Trailers
The Old Saying You Get What You Pay For is True, Sorry Man.
So Call your Insurance up File a Claim and they Might Total it Out. Thats About a 6g Job. Theres a few Places Around Riverside area to get Quotes from. Good Luck To Ya.
lessons learned, but unfortunately with the money crunch i cant really just go out and finance another trailer.

Mopar

Jan 15, 2009
Bako So Cal
that sucks!!

I hope you list some insulation too....cause it doesn't look like there is any!

at least it isn't raining!
Yeah no kidding, the cars behind me had the pleasure of chewing on it all...

120mph Towing + 50Mph Head wind. Its Not The Junk Trailer Builder Eclipse after all Its Your Lead Foot. Lol.
haha, sorry i didnt kick it up to mach 2...

and not that i was driving romotely near that speed, i leave my limiter at 102mph that way i avoid doing anything stupid. I had the cruise at 58mph, there was so much construction on I5 that i couldnt go any faster even if i wanted to...

Mopar

Jan 15, 2009
Bako So Cal
Chill out! Most of us work hard for our money and I have seen a friends motorhome side fall off, I have seen trailer skins worse than yours, and that is why you call your insurance company! They will go after the manufacturer if it was a defect! So shit does happen and you need to be prepared! Just in the world we live in this is not the worse problem I have seen and yes you buy the bottom end, our close to it, you might get this result? Good luck and insurance rocks sometimes! :D:D:D BTW I have seen Onan and Kolhar gens in for repairs! Did you read what it had in it when you bought it?
I wasnt trying to be a dick, and no its not the worst thing in life that could happen. It just sucks paying a $500 deductable when you didnt do anything wrong. Im just warning others looking into toyhaulers that Eclipse is not the MFG to do business with. BTW this would have had been a non issue if Eclipse would have ever responded to the multiple calls, emails, and PMs....

And you right about the generator, but did they have less than 100hrs? probably not many of them...

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I know B, The generator MFG name is "Generac" but i guess with a name like that you shouldnt expect much. I was just venting my frustration on the quality, or lack therof, with the parts and materials used on Eclipse trailers.
The Decision to install a piece of Shit Generator (Generic) Generac Hehehe. Just shows you the Company Mentality From the Leadership Down to the Illegal Immigrant That Fired The 1'' Woodscrew in at an angle Thru your window Vallance to Hold it on The Wall. They Are Just Awesome Trailers. Hehehe. Sorry Man.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
My POS Generac just clicked 900 trouble free hours on the meter at the last LOORRS race, wish I would have known it was such a piece of crap before I bought it....in 2000. ;)

While the Generac is more on the Industrial side of the on board generator spectrum 100% of the problems I’ve seen... make that 99%, are a direct cause of leaving modern pump gas in the carb over an extended period of time. It gums up, plugs jets, stick the fuel shut off valve, doesn’t start, or surges then dies after start up and immediately it’s called a POS.

Drain the carb (yes there is a screw on the float bowl to do this) of all remaining gas prior to putting it in storage and/or run Sta-Bil fuel preservative or something like that and most of your troubles will be no trouble at all.

The other 1% was a guy in our camp waaay over filled his gen with oil, it pumped the excess out the breather and caught it on fire...pretty exciting.

As for Eclipse, when they announced their new line on RF some time ago I stated that since we tow our trailer to the races so much why (any of) the manufacturers couldnt do something to reduce the weight and make them a little more areodynamic? :eek: You should have seen the PM that charecter sent me, the (deleted) me out....man it was funny. I wonder if I still have it? :D

Mopar

Jan 15, 2009
Bako So Cal
The Decision to install a piece of Shit Generator (Generic) Generac Hehehe. Just shows you the Company Mentality From the Leadership Down to the Illegal Immigrant That Fired The 1'' Woodscrew in at an angle Thru your window Vallance to Hold it on The Wall. They Are Just Awesome Trailers. Hehehe. Sorry Man.
yeah, lessons learned... i didnt want to buy a shitty trailer, i just wanted to buy a smaller one, oh well

Mopar

Jan 15, 2009
Bako So Cal
My POS Generac just clicked 900 trouble free hours on the meter at the last LOORRS race, wish I would have known it was such a piece of crap before I bought it....in 2000. ;)

While the Generac is more on the Industrial side of the on board generator spectrum 100% of the problems I’ve seen... make that 99%, are a direct cause of leaving modern pump gas in the carb over an extended period of time. It gums up, plugs jets, stick the fuel shut off valve, doesn’t start, or surges then dies after start up and immediately it’s called a POS.

Drain the carb (yes there is a screw on the float bowl to do this) of all remaining gas prior to putting it in storage and/or run Sta-Bil fuel preservative or something like that and most of your troubles will be no trouble at all.

The other 1% was a guy in our camp waaay over filled his gen with oil, it pumped the excess out the breather and caught it on fire...pretty exciting.

As for Eclipse, when they announced their new line on RF some time ago I stated that since we tow our trailer to the races so much why (any of) the manufacturers couldnt do something to reduce the weight and make them a little more areodynamic? :eek: You should have seen the PM that charecter sent me, the (deleted) me out....man it was funny. I wonder if I still have it? :D
Ive ran stabil from day one, and ive started the gen at least once a month to keep the fluids moving. Also it runs on the same fuel as my fuel station, so it gets turned over every so often...

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Ive ran stabil from day one, and ive started the gen at least once a month to keep the fluids moving. Also it runs on the same fuel as my fuel station, so it gets turned over every so often...
Well, then you know what they say....if it has boobs or wheels you're going to have trouble with it.

Sorry you got a bad one.

Mopar

Jan 15, 2009
Bako So Cal
Well, then you know what they say....if it has boobs or wheels you're going to have trouble with it.

Sorry you got a bad one.
Agreed... The generator ended up having a faulty oil pressure switch that would malfunction intermittently, I've got to get a new one ordered and all will be well. With the generator that is...

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011

Who comes up with these cool "sayings"? I like this one...

Sorry to hear about your trailer. The hassle alone, getting it fixed, coordinating insurance,.....crap, who has time for this! Take a deep breath and just get yourself through this.

Mopar

Jan 15, 2009
Bako So Cal

Who comes up with these cool "sayings"? I like this one...

Sorry to hear about your trailer. The hassle alone, getting it fixed, coordinating insurance,.....crap, who has time for this! Take a deep breath and just get yourself through this.
Thanks I appreciate it, and yes it's much more than just let insurance handle it. Every shop within an hour is at least three weeks out before they can touch it... So yeah, there goes summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000