EPA certifies new Polaris 107hp

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
107HP ''STOCK'' and my RZR 08 800 has 38hp or something like that . LOL
The 800 makes 38 at the tires.. im sure the 107is at the crank.. im not sure what the loss% is on the popo but im guessing it will prolly put 8X down but thats still a lot

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
107Hp would be sweet and if they can keep the weight down, this will be one fast machine.
That's the conversation we had. If its a lot heavier than the XP900 its gonna need that extra HP to maintain cause it doesn't take a lot of weight to really slow a SXS down. Im going to assume this motor will be the same motor as the XP900 with the new power cam mods and Big Bore to get the CCs up and that extra bit of HP so it will probably be something you can add to the older XPs. Polaris should have the Motorsports HP parts Division like the Car Manufactures. and Sell HP parts to everyone who owns a Xp900 since most of those XPs are financed and they got a few years to go before there paid for , they can mod them and get some more HP.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
That's the conversation we had. If its a lot heavier than the XP900 its gonna need that extra HP to maintain cause it doesn't take a lot of weight to really slow a SXS down. Im going to assume this motor will be the same motor as the XP900 with the new power cam mods and Big Bore to get the CCs up and that extra bit of HP so it will probably be something you can add to the older XPs. Polaris should have the Motorsports HP parts Division like the Car Manufactures. and Sell HP parts to everyone who owns a Xp900 since most of those XPs are financed and they got a few years to go before there paid for , they can mod them and get some more HP.
You can buy the Stage II kit from Polaris. $1000 in parts gets you 7 hp. http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/rzr/2013/pages/detail.aspx?ItemID=2879557(PolarisPGACatalog) Cams, exhaust, valve springs, all gaskets and a reflash. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Time will tell to see if they continue to offer these kits. My guess is that if you guys keep buying them, they will keep offering them.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Yep..throw an Alba stage two on an XP....yes I know there are going to be many other geometric differences but I mean power wise.

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
You can buy the Stage II kit from Polaris. $1000 in parts gets you 7 hp. http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/rzr/2013/pages/detail.aspx?ItemID=2879557(PolarisPGACatalog) Cams, exhaust, valve springs, all gaskets and a reflash. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Time will tell to see if they continue to offer these kits. My guess is that if you guys keep buying them, they will keep offering them.
I'm sorry and I love my RZR but you could'nt give me $1000 to tear my motor apart for only 7hp! Just sayin:D

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
a couple guys in our group have already done the Upgrade and Im sure if Polaris offers a Big bore kit to they will do it also.
A lot of Polaris owners will since there stuck in there Machines for a few years since they almost all get financed and cant sell them off now to buy into the Latest and greatest toy.:eek:

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
I'm sorry and I love my RZR but you could'nt give me $1000 to tear my motor apart for only 7hp! Just sayin:D
I get what you are saying, but a lot of people spend $500 on some wonky exaust system that make LESS power than stock. So I was thinking a real 7 hp increase (8%) was not too bad for a grand. I don't believe that you have to 'tear your motor apart' completely to do the mod. I don't even think the cylinders have to come off. It is simply a cam and valve spring swap which only requires the removal of the head. But this is likely a dealer install primarily due to the reflash, which requires Polaris's Digital Wrench.

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
I get what you are saying, but a lot of people spend $500 on some wonky exaust system that make LESS power than stock. So I was thinking a real 7 hp increase (8%) was not too bad for a grand. I don't believe that you have to 'tear your motor apart' completely to do the mod. I don't even think the cylinders have to come off. It is simply a cam and valve spring swap which only requires the removal of the head. But this is likely a dealer install primarily due to the reflash, which requires Polaris's Digital Wrench.
You have a good point there with the exhaust :D Good thing is, Polaris is stepping in the right direction and giving us options:D

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
Can't wait to see how the power is put to the ground. Wonder if they made any changes to drivetrain.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
cause it would be my choice. I don't go out and ride like a crazed fool and if I do like I said its my choice. We didn't have to last year so why not ?

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
cause it would be my choice. I don't go out and ride like a crazed fool and if I do like I said its my choice. We didn't have to last year so why not ?
I respect you opinion, but I honestly think everyone who 'get's after it' in the desert, dunes and trails must wear a helmet. Kind of like why we don't line up for a motocross race in flip flops.

If you are hunting or collecting rocks, you might not need one, but for sport riding...IMHO, yes to helmets.

There is adage in the two wheel off road community, simplified with the aconym, A.G.A.T.T. = all gear all (of) the time. Helmets are good for the sport (and for your head).

Personally, I have been wearing them for so long on Victory's (cruisers), dirt bikes, in UTV's and when racing that I feel naked not wearing one. Not preaching, just my 2 pesos! :)

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
I respect you opinion, but I honestly think everyone who 'get's after it' in the desert, dunes and trails must wear a helmet. Kind of like why we don't line up for a motocross race in flip flops.

If you are hunting or collecting rocks, you might not need one, but for sport riding...IMHO, yes to helmets.

There is adage in the two wheel off road community, simplified with the aconym, A.G.A.T.T. = all gear all (of) the time. Helmets are good for the sport (and for your head).

Personally, I have been wearing them for so long on Victory's (cruisers), dirt bikes, in UTV's and when racing that I feel naked not wearing one. Not preaching, just my 2 pesos! :)
I'm with ya in a way... I'm responsible enough to know if I'm just cursing the trails and looking at all the great ones work then I don't feel I should need to. But I would if im out racing in the desert or flying in the dunes. My choice.

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
I'm with ya in a way... I'm responsible enough to know if I'm just cursing the trails and looking at all the great ones work then I don't feel I should need to. But I would if im out racing in the desert or flying in the dunes. My choice.
Again...fair enough and you are likely smart enough to know the difference between sport and cruise, but there are a a lot who don't. And they either think that it is 'my freedom man' or it is not going to happen to them (or their passenger). Then I have to ask, how much liability insurance, medical insurance do they have and do they know how their stupidity will effect the future of off road riding/driving?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000