Flyingbryan Commander Build 2012

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
I got my 2011 Can Am Commander 1000 XT back in Octomber of 2010. Over the almost 2 years of owning it I only have about 500 miles on it due to a number of reasons and soon I will be racking the miles up on it.

I took it to Magnum Offroad to have some custom roll bars added, custom front bumper, roof, and Magnums M4 Long Travel built and installed.

We are looking at a few more weeks to get it all wrapped up. But I wanted to put up some photos and see what you think. Don't worry I won't be offended if you don't like it because I loving the work they are doing.

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
Here is a rough draft of what I asked for.

This is NOT my Commander, just borrowed the side profile picture from HCR Racing.

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
And here is what I got.

It will be removable per my request, so I can remove a few bolts and use the Commander for just about any hauling or I can add the rear cage to save my butt if or should I say when I roll it. : )

I love it. And you can see the new supports in the front.

The upper tail gate opens all the way, the lower tail gate opens just enough to get the lid off so I can still get to the lower area. And like I said I can always remove the new rear roll cage to dump and use it like stock.

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
Well working on the front bumper and as always making a few final changes.

We started with the classic Magnum Front bumper and made the sides a bit wider next the upper bar goes on. I was not thinking of adding lights up there but know I am leaning toward adding some lights up there, maybe 4.

I will be adding one more bar on top and skid plates

This is what it may look like if 4 lights fit.

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
Thanks Derek you have been a big help, much appreciated.

Thanks Shawn, we will have to meet up for a ride in Hungry Valley some time.

Last edited:

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
Going to look nice Bryan.
Thanks,
We are looking at maybe end of next week. Would have been sooner but changing some things and needed factory parts that are being shipped now.

I am bouncing off the walls. At 46 years old I feel like a 10 year old with nothing on my mind but taking it out on the trail when it is done.

Bryan :cool:

TWood

Aug 15, 2012
Thanks,
We are looking at maybe end of next week. Would have been sooner but changing some things and needed factory parts that are being shipped now.

I am bouncing off the walls. At 46 years old I feel like a 10 year old with nothing on my mind but taking it out on the trail when it is done.

Bryan :cool:
Feeling like a kid again like the first day we got our Commanders got to love it.

Can not wait until the pics and review of the finished product.

What shocks are you using on your M4 LT kit?

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
Going with the complete Magnum setup with there tuned Fox 2.0 shocks. They also have a sway bar now for there kit that can be used when needed and adjusted for conditions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000