Flyingbryan Commander Build 2012

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
I am very excited it's only a matter of days before I pick it up. Just waiting on the long travel because we needed some OEM parts to put it back together.

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
Are those the stock Fox shock off a X.
Bryan chose to go with our in-house custom valved FOX 2.0 6.5 compression adjustable shock package. Our system is able to achieve an additional 1" of rear bump travel with these shocks bringing the total to 15". We're looking forward to getting Bryan's feedback on the systems performance as he has been known to do great product reviews.

TWood

Aug 15, 2012
Hi Bryan how is it going? What is the update on your Can Am or are you selling it for the new one? Hahaha:D

SGM4Life

Oct 29, 2009
Valencia,Ca
Like I said before top notch work out of Magnum. Bryan make sure you tell us how it handles after the suspension.

Dan are you gonna be at SSSS? If so I want to talk about a few things I might need for my commander.

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
I will write a full review later.

Time for a little update.

I took the Commander out with the Magnum M4 LT with there Fox tuned shocks.

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!

OK I can say a lot more.
I took it out to Jawbone Canyon last week and started up Jawbone wash from HWY 14 and found it was crazy smooth compaired to the stock XT suspention. Then as I found small sections of whoops found the M4 would eat up anything I could throw at it. So it was on to the BIG & long sections of whoops just before Jawbone Rd crosses to the other side of the wash about 4 miles up. And then it was on to the roughest whoops I could find just after crossing to the other side of the paved Jawbone Rd. about a 1/4 mile of big whoops and WOW I went into them going about 60 MPH and slowed to about 55 MPH and it was crazy smooth. I could have been drinking a glass of water without a lid wile going over the whoops.

I never thought a SxS could be this smooth, much less skip over the tops of the whoops like it did with the M4 installed. In fact my head was so big I called Michael Lansky (AVID Racing) and said "is my Commander faster then your car because in the Vagas to Reno race most the SxS's where going 43 MPH on the tracking" thinking I could maintain 55 MPH over some of the roughrst terrain with my Magnum M4. We laughed as he explained that was a average with all the turns and other rough obstacles in the road. I really did feel like I could take on the racing SxS's and even dirt bikes over the roughest terrain.

The only down side to the trip is, I came back to the truck after that one run because with smoke coming the rear diff that had a known knocking coming from it before taking the car to Magnum so nothing to do with them. Anyway only one camera running with video set sideways by mistake. So video will have to come next time out in about 2 weeks or so.

I will give a real review after I get a chance to see if there is anything this car can't handle with M4 installed. But I can say with suspention like this there is no need to buy the Maverick unless it has more than 14" of travel and even then this car with LT is a perfect setup.

I cant thank Magnum enough for building a GREAT Long Travel Kit.

Bryan :cool:

TWood

Aug 15, 2012
That M4 LT kit sounds nice! That makes me want to get mine done now. Still waiting for the Wardens permisson.:(

Cage looks heavy duty

That sucks about rear diff, maybe fluid leaking on the exhaust?

Can you post a pic with a front view want to check LT stance thanks.

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
Thanks guys,

The rear diff is fixable so I can work with it. Just glad I got a LT kit that works as advertised on there now. The money I lost in my first LT attempt makes replacing the rear diff and CV's look like peanuts. Live and learn.

TWood, here are a couple of shots of the front.

Another back shot.

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
With stock X rims it is 68" wide in back and 66" in front as it sits but the front goes out to 68" when compressed on my trailer..

The. Front shot looks wide because I was close when taking the picture. When I get it back I will get some good shots.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
The LT kit really makes it come to life. Awesome!!

TWood

Aug 15, 2012
Nice stance thanks for pics.

So your rear end needs to be replace what number is it?

I replaced mine with a 506 under warranty.

Maybe our paths will cross one day and go for a ride.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000