Headed to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
Getting on the plane tomorrow for the UAE. Hooking up with Grant from Funco and heading to the dunes. We are hooking up with a customer that has two Funco sand cars and headed out to the dunes near Liwa Oasis. There is a dune festival out at Moreeb Hill this week. Unfortunately, we are going to miss the camel racing. :rolleyes:

More details:
http://www.duneguide.com/TripReport-LiwaFestival2009.htm

I don't think I will have internet access for the next week, but if I do I will update the page. I will have a SPOT satellite messenger that I am testing. Maybe I will add Joey to the "check in" feature and he can post the links to Google Maps.

Look for a big article on the trip in Sand Addiction Magazine.

Karl

McKrawlin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Glendale, AZ
Been there twice Crowdog... thanks to Uncle Sam. Your gonna feel like you never left the desert. When I was there in like 95' 96' there were only 2 skyscrapers in the middle of nowhere... apperantly it has changed. Get lots of pics if you can. Be safe!

J.T.

Terror-X #1 in my mind
Jan 16, 2009
VIsalia Ca.
AbuDhabi is Cool Go check out he Marina Mall. I had to work on the Waterfountain insdie it all the time

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
In the airport in Sacramento now. Headed to Atlanta, then Dubai. Atlanta to Dubai is 13 hours and 40 minutes of pure coach hell. Hopefully some big fat smelly guy doesn't sit next to me.

I should be on the ground in Dubai about 7AM PST. Dubai is 12 hours ahead of the west coast.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I will use this thread to keep you all posted of Jon's updats and SPOT tracking messages...this is a cool trip he is on and I am sure he will have some cool stories and pics when he returns.....

here was the first email sent to me today.....

Made it to Dubai. Just waiting for Grant to fly in.

Long flight. Left Atlanta at 8:25pm and landed here at 6:45 pm.

Need some real sleep....

Take care,

Jon

Baja Designs

Official UTVUnderground Lighting Sponsor
Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
That is awesome I hope Jon has a blast over there and I know he will bring back some great photos to share with us! Thanks for the updates Joey!

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I have been there myself, the Gold Soucks(spelling) are just crazy. Wheel barrels of gold items just being pushed down the street.

No matter what it is, you pay by the gram!

have a fun trip.

Makin' Trax

Got Shocks? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 27, 2009
In the airport in Sacramento now. Headed to Atlanta, then Dubai. Atlanta to Dubai is 13 hours and 40 minutes of pure coach hell. Hopefully some big fat smelly guy doesn't sit next to me.

I should be on the ground in Dubai about 7AM PST. Dubai is 12 hours ahead of the west coast.
So your not going to sit with Grant?:D

Reactions: 1 person

Hapa

Ricky Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Oc
www.glamisdunesstorage.com
The Rhino and the Quad are murdered out? wth what the heck? Are they going to be cooler than us with all their Rhino's? Wonder what after market parts you get from there? i am ingnoring the dope brand new Rzr's.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I had this funny idea years ago that we should rent some camels and dress up as towel heads for Halloween at Glamis. Ride a camel to olds.

Karl

McKrawlin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Glendale, AZ
I had this funny idea years ago that we should rent some camels and dress up as towel heads for Halloween at Glamis. Ride a camel to olds.
FLMAO!!! My wife would say that I would be a perfect candidate for that! lol

That second pic looks like roostinrhino's ride! lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000